Austin Babies

Anyone else having trouble TTC?

H and I have been trying for almost a year and are currently on an injects cycle.  I normally post on my month board and the getting pregnant board on TN, but I could really use some local support.  I don't feel like there's anyone other then H that I can talk to about all of this and I'd really like to meet some local women that can relate.

Feel free to PM me or reply here.  I was thinking of starting a FB group for people having trouble TTC in Austin, but you have to add friends to make the group active.
Newest blog post 4/23/15
Anniversary

Re: Anyone else having trouble TTC?

• I did have trouble, but just got pregnant. I went through ivf here in austin at texas fertility clinic. It sucks when you have little support :(
  • @Ylvelill Congrats on your BFP!  How long did you try before you went to IVF?  We are in the middle of our first injection cycle with Austin Fertility.  I first did 5 days of 75IU Follistim and now I am on 3 days at 150IU.  My estrogen level wasn't high enough from the first dose, so we'll see what the second does does.  I'm trying to remain positive, but it's hard.
    Newest blog post 4/23/15
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • edited February 2014
     @ystaalenburg  I had trouble getting pregnant, I tried for a year and did clomid with trigger shot mostly, and then my first round of injectibles worked for me. Imagine my shock that round 1 worked! I know how you feel, I felt really alone in my infertility as well. 

I went to Dr. Maya Bledsoe at Austin Regional Clinic, and I really loved her. She was really easy to talk to, and you could work out your plan that month with her, it wasn't being instructed on what to do, I had an active role in my infertility. For example it cost more to do an IUI on the weekend, and my insurance wouldn't pay the overage, so if my cycle fell that way she worked it out with me to do the days we could, instead of pushing me towards the weekend. 

It will happen for you!! Think happy thoughts. A few other things I did if you're interested in trying some alternative methods are below. 

-Crystal healing:Moonstone is a great stone for mothers/fertility, I bought a moonstone ring and a month later get preggo ;) 
    -Yogi makes a women's balance tea that helps balance out your cycle and hormones. I had PCOS so I started taking this regularly, and I also drank a lot of green tea. 
    - Herbs/vitamins: I took Dong Quai and Vitex, both herbs that can be found at Vitamin Cottage, look them up and see if it sounds like something you may want to try, but they have benefits that date back into early Chinese history. 
    -Also something to note, although I had PCOS, I never took any insulin medications at all, and my endocrinologist never broached the subject. 

Crossing my fingers for you!! :) 

• We tried for 3 years without help :) then it turned out I had a blocked tube. It got fixed but at this point we figured we needed more help. I wasn't getting any younger and neither was my husband :) Lisa Hansard at Texas fertility clinic was awesome, now we are having twins on our first go.
  • It took us 2.5 years, a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy, 2 IUIs with injects, and 2 IVF cycles, to get pregnant. It was a really difficult journey, and I often felt alone. Even when my friends and family were very supportive. But, going to a therapist helped me so much with dealing with our fertility issues. We originally started with Texas Fertility and then switch to Austin Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. Dr. Kavoussi changed our lives! We are expecting our little boy in June.

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"