Austin Babies

Best Neighborhoods for Families in Austin?

Hello- my husband and I might be moving to Austin (from San Diego) in March and we are pregnant with our first child.  We are looking for rentals and definitely want to be in a family friendly neighborhood where we can meet people who have kids.  Any suggestions on where to look and where to avoid?
Thank you!

Re: Best Neighborhoods for Families in Austin?

• There are tons of good areas in austin for kids, and just outside. Then main thing is to avoid the student housing areas, they tend to be a bit lively.

I would check with local realtors who do rental properties, I am not familiar enough with the names of the neighborhoods to be specific!
  • kicherersgirl- I agree fully w/Ylvelill. There are some neighborhoods where you'll see more families walking the streets, though. There are plenty of other things to also consider about your lifestyle and what's most important when finding a location. I'm a Realtor here and also expecting! Shoot me an email if I can go into more detail or help in any way. I'm happy to help! abby@denpg.com
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • In Central Austin-

Mueller-tons of families, parks, walkable, bikeable, Children's Museum, etc...

• kicherersgirl how funny! my husband and I are moving this summer from SD to Austin! We're both from TX but I'm from Houston & he's from Copperas Cove, so we've never actually lived there- just visited and have family in the area.

As of now we're looking around West Austin/ Southwest Austin. I also have family in roundrock & georgetown and they small children and seem to enjoy their area. It really depends, are you wanting to be in the heart of the city, suburbs or a development maybe a littler further with amenities?
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone!  Looks like we need to be in the South Austin area.  Definitely want to stay out of the student housing areas.  We will be taking a house hunting trip soon and will be getting a realtor to help us find a rental.  @kirstynikole congrats to you and your hubby!  I would like to be in the suburbs but also be not too far from Downtown if we can experience the city. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"