September 2013 Moms
Options

Mommy & me?

charpecharpe member
edited February 2014 in September 2013 Moms
I'm just wondering if anyone is or has thought about taking any of your local 'mommy & me' type classes for moms & babies? I'm currently taking Itsy Bitsy Yoga on Saturdays and love it!! LO loves it too! She's all smiles for the full hour and then conks out the minute it's over. Unfortunately, the class is ending soon, so I'm looking for other ideas:).

*edit- typos from mobile bumping & autocorrect

Re: Mommy & me?

• Options

I would like to, but all the local (my neighborhood) mommy and me groups meet during the work week and as a working mom that just doesn't work. I have thought about going outside of my local area and finding something  on the weekends. Yoga sounds like a blast!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    blondii428blondii428 member
    edited February 2014
    junewife said:

I would like to, but all the local (my neighborhood) mommy and me groups meet during the work week and as a working mom that just doesn't work. I have thought about going outside of my local area and finding something  on the weekends. Yoga sounds like a blast!

This is my situation too :( My community has a lot of offerings, but all during the daytime in the workweek. 

Add me to this boat.  My area has a community play hour with lots of activities and things to do with baby but it's only available during the week.  You think someone would start something up for all the working moms :(

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with you guys too!! I lucked out finding the yoga class on Saturdays... But I can't seem to find anything else that works with my schedule.

Along the same lines, DH is jealous that there aren't really any 'daddy & me' classes. I'm trying to convince him to take swim lessons with LO!
  • Options
    I've taken LO to one mama & baby yoga class, and we both loved it.  It was so nice to be able to go get some exercise, in a group sitting (I like classes), without worry about anyone giving me stinkeye for having a baby with me, if she fussed, etc.  

Thanks for the reminder to check out their schedule again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
  • Options
    I work for a school system. I plan to do a mommy and me music class and swim class this Summer. I haven't found any classes that accommodate working moms either.  :(
  • Options
    We're starting the mom and baby swim classes in April. I'm excited!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LO starts waterbabies this coming Wednesday and it goes for 9 weeks, 1x a week. We are doing Wednesdays but they have weekend classes too! Only 12 3-18 month olds so it's nice. We are going to start a music group soon too...the yoga sounds unreal!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    This all sounds like so much fun! But add me to the working mommies list and I work 6 days a week so it's a double whammie with no weekends or weekdays. My jobs are seasonal though so by the end of April I'll be a normal human again.

I've taken LO to the pool twice and she is just mute the whole time. Yoga sounds interesting. I'd love for her to be able to interact with more babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"