October 2012 Moms
Options

HELP!!!!

So the last couple of weeks when I go and pick my 16 month old son up at daycare it seems there is constantly something new that he has done. We are in the hitting, biting, pinching, pushing, and not sharing faze and I know that he doesn't really understand what he is doing yet, but I have no idea how to get him to stop, we have tried a few things but nothing seems to be working. I need ideas on how to handle this, I don't want him to be the mean kid and it would be nice to know that I am not alone here, cause every other mom I talk to acts like their kids are perfect so now I'm starting to feel like I am doing something majorly wrong. Please help me!

Re: HELP!!!!

• Options
    Does he act like this at home or just daycare?

• Options
    And don't be so hard on yourself. It sounds like a bunch of us are dealing with some crazy tantrums lately.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What is the daycare doing?  Is he doing the same things at home?  Are they asking you for advise or giving you advice.  You can't do any punishment or discpline at home for things that happen at daycare - he won't make the connection. Is the daycare is using a particular method so you can use the same language and technique at home.  If there isn't good communication then you need to schedule a time to go in or call so you can talk to the teacher and/or the directos.  Pick up and drop off are to busy to accomplish this.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He will do it once in a while at home but he seems to be doing it more at daycare. It was the other way around before, he was only doing it at home and he was really good at daycare. I have talked with his daycare provider, she has told me that she is having a hard time with two of her other kids that are doing the same thing and we are on the same page when it comes to trying to correct his behavior, but it just seems like he is getting worse. 
  • Options
    Stay consistent and hopefully they will at daycare. The good and bad of a toddler is that behavior / phases change quickly. Hopefully it will pass in a couple of weeks.

• Options
    Also sometimes it gets worse right before it gets better.

• Options
    Teaching signing may help with communication.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"