Babies on the Brain
Options

When did your second baby fever start?

Just curious.

Mine started right after DD turned one.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did your second baby fever start?

• Options
    Right about the one year mark for us.  It's also when SIL announced her pregnancy, so I'm sure that didn't help either.
  • Options
    Never. Lol I got pregnant five months prior to the time we were planning on ttc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After I finished my degrees which was right before he turned one. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    Kimbus22 said:
    When he turned one. I held it at bay another year thank god. I don't I would have survived 18-30 months with a baby on top of the toddler. I'm barely surviving pregnant.
    This is exactly me, except DS will be 2 in a couple weeks and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I have NO IDEA how people have 2 under 2. That must be hell. My toddler is hard enough work right now, barely being pregnant. I'm stressed about how I'll handle 2 little kids but hey, it's gotta work right?!

See I think its much easier than the alternative. I had the opportunity for multiple naps a day and if I didn't feel like moving from the couch for days on end DS was fully content on the living room floor all day long. We skipped the jealousy thing altogether. Ds started getting a little more challenging around 20 months but by then I had a nearly 8 month old and was in a groove of managing two kids. I know that 2-3 year gap is popular but I think those ages were way more challenging to parent than an infant-one year old. I think changing a whole lotta poopy diapers was easier than dealing with a pissed off preschooler and a newborn at the same time. If we have another well do it on the opposite end when the kids are school age (or really close to it).
  • Options
    We're holding off until next year on TTC, but I worry about how DD will be with a little sibling at any age. Right now she's 15 months and in a hitting stage. She thinks it's hilarious no matter what I do. I'm just hoping in another year she starts listening! haha.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had it off & on pretty much since I recovered from my c-section :) Seriously, though, it seems to come and go. When she started walking (9 months) I started to long for the tiny baby phase. It passed but it came back with a vengeance just after her 1st birthday and is hitting really hard at the moment. It doesn't help that DH really wants another one now (I would prefer to wait until I'm done with school in June).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    DD is 3 months old and I have major baby fever lol crazy I know!
  • Options
    I loved being pregnant. Also, my Dad died unexpectedly when DD was 6 months. That gave me a bit of perspective on life. I just want to live it and love it and not worry about stupid things or material things. That made me just want to have like 4 kids. We are thinking 3 and being realistic for our situation. I've kept these feelings in check, waiting for the green light from hubby. He just told me the other night that he's ready. So, now the hard part for us is getting pregnant. Who knows if/when that will stick, but we are trying now! 

Like others said, there is no "easy" time to go for a second child. I think each age has its own challenges and you just roll with it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    About when DS turned one. I have it like crazy but we are trying to wait, but it's so hard because I feel like everyone is getting pregnant all of the sudden.
  • Options
    When my daughter was around 9 months.
  • Options

I will let  you know.

I have pangs, but we are almost 100% OAD.

So far-- I enjoyed DD the most from 3m - 9m.  She's starting to get a little bit funnier now, but she's a very strong willed toddler. 

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    After DS turned 2 ... we are going to start TTC in June-ish

Sometimes I still have my days where I'm like ... ehhhhhh maybe not, how the heck could we handle two.... but the majority of the time I'm definitely wanting another squishy ASAP.  Then we are 2 and through.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    Nicb13 said:

I will let  you know.

I have pangs, but we are almost 100% OAD.

So far-- I enjoyed DD the most from 3m - 9m.  She's starting to get a little bit funnier now, but she's a very strong willed toddler. 

So is my toddler. Lord help me.
    Preach, people.  18 months - 2.5 has made me question my sanity about getting pregnant again multiple times a day.
    Right-- I am cursing all of the people that told me I was lucky to be having a girl 'cause they are "so calm".  Snort.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Nicb13 said:
    KC_13 said:
    Nicb13 said:
    Kimbus22 said:
    When he turned one. I held it at bay another year thank god. I don't I would have survived 18-30 months with a baby on top of the toddler. I'm barely surviving pregnant.
    This is exactly me, except DS will be 2 in a couple weeks and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I have NO IDEA how people have 2 under 2. That must be hell. My toddler is hard enough work right now, barely being pregnant. I'm stressed about how I'll handle 2 little kids but hey, it's gotta work right?!

See I think its much easier than the alternative. I had the opportunity for multiple naps a day and if I didn't feel like moving from the couch for days on end DS was fully content on the living room floor all day long. We skipped the jealousy thing altogether. Ds started getting a little more challenging around 20 months but by then I had a nearly 8 month old and was in a groove of managing two kids. I know that 2-3 year gap is popular but I think those ages were way more challenging to parent than an infant-one year old. I think changing a whole lotta poopy diapers was easier than dealing with a pissed off preschooler and a newborn at the same time. If we have another well do it on the opposite end when the kids are school age (or really close to it).

That's exactly what I'm afraid of! Thanks a lot!  I think it has it's challenges no matter what the age gap is. I'm told that you find a rhythm and that's makes things easier. We shall see.

You're right--it has its challenges no matter what the age gap is and you will get into a rhythm with time. I just find it funny people think two under two is impossibly hard and somehow think a 2-3 year gap will make things easier. I really don't think it necessarily does and in many ways makes things more challenging.
  • Options
    Honestly, never. I love my son like crazy, but the first year was really hard. For the first six months we thought he might end up being an only child because I didn't want to do the newborn stage again. But we've always known we wanted two children, and we've always wanted them 2-3 years apart. So when we hit the point where there'd be a 2.5 year age difference between them and I still didn't have baby fever, we decided to just start trying since it took us 5 months to get pregnant with DS. And then we got pregnant the first month we tried, so they'll be 2.5 years apart. I'm glad that we're going to have two children, and I am excited, but... I really hated the newborn stage. So I'm really looking forward to when LO #2 is about a year old. Sounds awful, but it's true.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    plan on trying when my ds is two and a half so he will be over three by the time the second one comes. He is turning two this june, can't wait though!
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Options
    We decided to when DD was about to turn five. We have been trying for almost a month.
  • Options
    Baby fever started the first time around the time DS was 1. I didn't try for another until he was 2 and a half. Baby fever #2 started when the twins were about 4 months old. The dr said we should wait until they were two before trying again. I really don't understand why but we are waiting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    We decided when DD was 5 we wanted one more.  I got off BC about 6 months after that and started trying about 6 months after that.  We've been working on it for awhile.  DD is 7 now and still no luck, but going strong. 
    BFP#1 6/2013: MMC 8/2013 @ 6 wks, 3 d
    BFP#2 1/2014: CP 1/2014 @ 3 wks, 4 d
    BFP#3 4/2014: MC 4/2014 @ 4 wks, 1 d
    Break until Dec 2014
    Femara, aspirin and progesterone started 12/2015
    Still working on #2!

• Options
    Probably when DD turned 2. She turned 2 in June and I got my IUD removed in October. We spent 11 months NTNP until I got my BFP in November. So they will be about 4 year apart. Farther spacing then I would've liked but it is what it is.
  • Options
    My LO is 10 weeks, and I'd be happy with another. I honestly loved being pregnant. Realistically, we'll probably start trying when he is 1- so next fall/winter. DH is not getting any younger and I want my kids close in age....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"