TTC After a Loss
Options

Two Questions (TTC Related)

I have two thoughts going through my head right now, they're not related, but I didn't want to be a total PW and make two threads.

1) So, it's been almost 4 weeks since H and I last had sex. It'll be March 11, assuming all goes well and I'm cleared, before we can again. We had sex right before my BFP, and then we were holding off because of fear of spotting and then my doc put me on pelvic rest and then this whole miscarriage/ectopic cluster happened. We both really miss it. Funnily enough, TTC has brought us really close together sexually even when we were timing sex and HIO on a schedule. Anyone else been through a long dry spell and how was getting back? It obviously won't be TTC sex for a while, which will almost make it weirder. I don't want to do the whole super romance rose petals and candlelight thing because I don't want to be cheesy.

2) Kind of scientific-ish. Can you ovulate with HCG still in your system? I've been trying to think what this tight-ish feeling on my right side was and I now realize it feels like what ovulation feels like for me. I'm sure my levels are at least in the hundreds, and even with the methotrexate, could I still be O-ing? I haven't done anything to track this month, but could I ovulate and get my period and still have measurable HCG? I know that it could be an annovulatory cycle and a bleed to start my next cycle, but I'm kind of confused as to how this works with pregnancy hormone still in my system.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
Me-31, H-27
**Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
**Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
 9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
 U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Two Questions (TTC Related)

• Options
    Regarding your second question, yes you can ovulate with HCG in your system. If you look at my chart last month, you can see that FF confirmed O before I got a BFN.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1) We have had some dry spells...I find that it is like riding a bike, personally.   ;)

2) You *can* ovulate and get your period with low levels of hCG (I did when my hCG was over 100) but I think it is probably unlikely that you are Oing so soon.  But yes, it's possible.  I know nothing about MTX though.

Good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. When I had MTX with my first loss, we had to abstain for like 3 months. It was a really long time. So when we were finally cleared for sex, I was feeling very emotional about it and told H I didn't know if I was ready yet, but I would let him know. That night, though, we started kissing and I felt in the mood so we went for it. I was a little emotional afterward but it wasn't as difficult as I thought. Easier said than done, but try not to make it a huge deal, and I bet that will help.

2. You can O with hCG in your system. But I don't think you're O'ing 3 days after MTX. Is the pain where the ectopic is/was? It could be from that. If you have anything more than tightness - if it hurts - on the side where the pregnancy was, you need to call your doctor.

imageimageimage

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + Cytotec.
    Operative hysteroscopy to remove septum 9/18/13.
    BFP #3 12/24/13. Natural m/c 1/17/14.
    BFP #4 3/20/14. Natural m/c 4/3/14.

Blog   Chart

Formerly known as MrsE07
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options
    Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the answers I get here.

1. When I had MTX with my first loss, we had to abstain for like 3 months. It was a really long time. So when we were finally cleared for sex, I was feeling very emotional about it and told H I didn't know if I was ready yet, but I would let him know. That night, though, we started kissing and I felt in the mood so we went for it. I was a little emotional afterward but it wasn't as difficult as I thought. Easier said than done, but try not to make it a huge deal, and I bet that will help.

2. You can O with hCG in your system. But I don't think you're O'ing 3 days after MTX. Is the pain where the ectopic is/was? It could be from that. If you have anything more than tightness - if it hurts - on the side where the pregnancy was, you need to call your doctor.
    1) Three months, wow. I'm sure we'd make it but that sounds rough. I know we won't be cleared to TTC for 2-3 months, but my docsaid as soon as the risk of infection passed, which she said should be 2-3 weeks, we should be good to go. I'm hoping it comes back pretty easy. My H is weird about getting himself off, so I think the word to describe our first time back will be 'fast'.

2) It's on the opposite side of the ectopic, which is the side I had the shot on, so it may be residual tightness from the IM injection. I'm sure you're right and it's not O, it's just that similar feeling. I'm being super-watchful for pain as well. The weird thing, for me, is that I started bleeding (so, does that count as CD1?) 15 days ago when we thought this was another CP. So I guess I'm on CD15, even thought the MTX was only a few days ago. It's within my normal O range, but I know it's unlikely that things will be normal any time soon. Wishful thinking, I guess.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @snegde She is tracking them, but we're at the very start of that roller-coaster. I get my first draw tomorrow and my second on Tuesday. Most of the research does not make me optimistic that the numbers will go down as quickly as I'd like (they were at around 1300 by the day of the MTX, which is another story of how the doctors let it go that long but no one thought it would be ectopic).

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    almostamissusalmostamissus member
    edited March 2014
    I'm so sorry for the loss and the struggle you have gone through.
    1.) I will say that for me, sex after both of mc was crazy emotional. Good and bad. I cried when it was done. I was sad and scared... It was almost like a separate grieving thing. But, after being on strict bedrest, I was so so happy to be able to have that closeness with my husband emotionally and physically. And yes, for me it actually "felt" different. Not bad, just different but maybe that was in my head.
    2.) I think it's possible, though rare, to o if the hcg is fairly low. I'm pretty sure that both times I o'ed the same day a beta test was negative (less than 5). And both times, two weeks after that was af. But mcs do really strange things to people's bodies, so it also wouldn't be weird to not o at all, or for af to be crazy late. But with an ep, I wouldn't count bleeding before the metho as cd1 because bleeding/spotting is a common symptom of ep.

I truly hope that you find a speedy, safe recovery and healing from this loss.

***eta because mobile typing can be hard.
  • Options
    As for your first question, DH and I had a month go by after our loss and once we were cleared we just kinda went for it. I had a lot of emotions but after the first time it got back to normal quickly.

As for your second question I did hear you can ovulate with low hcg also, my doctor mentioned that whole urging us to be careful the month after my d&c

Me (30) DH (31) Married 5/13, TTC since 2/13
    BFP #1 Blighted Ovum resulting in D&C on 11/1/13
    BFP #2 Ectopic Pg, lap surgery on 3/12/14, R tube removed

BFP # 3, EDD 2/21/15 * please be our rainbow*
  • Options
    1. By the time we had sex after my loss, we had gone about 6 weeks without it. We were both ready, and the sex was really relaxed and fun. We had a lot of really good sex that first cycle after my loss. TTC-sex can be really tedious for us, so since we weren't TTC that cycle, it was like the pressure was off. 

2. The other ladies have already answered this, so I don't have much to add. 

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    We actually only had sex for the first time since our loss this week and its been 10 weeks on Monday.....but our dry spell was a little longer than that even because I was hospitalized beforehand. I thought it would be awkward but it wasn't. Matter of fact, we were supposed to go to Barnes and Noble for coffee and he just said, wanna do it instead? And I said, sure. So we took off our coats and went upstairs. LOL .
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    I had a m/mc so it was like 3 months between bfp and having sex for the first time post loss. DH is weird about pg sex. It was spontaneous and good. We may have been a little drunk. DH was concerned about how it felt for me physically which was nice but awkward when he asked if it hurt right in the middle of it. We had fun and it was nice to have that back.
    I think I had a positive hpt on CD 14 after the mc, a negative next time I checked on CD 21 and I Od CD 25. I don't know if that helps.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"