Parenting after a Loss
Options

Intro and an addition to @morethansparrows questions

I hope it's OK that I post over here.  First, let me say that I'm sorry for all of your loss(es) but I'm so happy that you were blessed with your rainbows! 

Before I get to my question, let me post an intro:

Hi, my name is Robin (Hi Robin) and I'm TTCAL.  Long story short...I have Endo and PCOS and conceived my twin boys, who will be 3 in May, via injectables and IUI.  When my boys were 15 months old we were surprised with another pregnancy of a little girl.  At 20 weeks we learned she had T21, AV Septal Defect and brain cysts.  The next week we lost her and I had a D&E at 22 weeks, this was in February 2013.  We started trying again in April, and we are still trying.  We're back with the RE and are doing medicated cycles again. 

Now, on to my question...

I'm currently the leader of the check-in @morethansparrows mentioned through the TTCAL board.  We've been using a PM, but honestly, it's a PITA!  As @morethansparrows mentioned, it was suggested to us that we should come over here.  Not that we couldn't still post over there, but that this board would be a good fit for that check-in.  The problem with this is that some of our group is fresh from a loss, and not ready to be on this board because small child pics/tickers are hard for them to see, which I know all of you ladies understand.  When I broached the subject of moving the check-in over here the question came up whether the ladies on this board would be offended if we weren't active over here or didn't intro, but just posted in that check-in.  So, that's my question to you ladies...would you be offended?  Would this be OK with you?

Again, I apologize if I'm stepping on any toes!  We are just trying to find our own "safe" place where we can have our check-in and talk about the issues TTCAL with a living child(ren), but not hurt others in the process.  Please, feel free to give me your honest opinions!
TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
6/2010
 BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
June 3Missing Our January Snowflake

Re: Intro and an addition to @morethansparrows questions

• Options
    I can't speak for everybody, but I don't see a problem with that.  Like somebody else mentioned, it can get slow around here.  We'd love to get to know you ladies too, but I can definitely relate to not wanting to see baby pics so soon after a loss.  A lot of us just lurk most days also because we're new parents.  The only thing I would suggest is that if any of you ladies have input into any of my questions, a quick intro in my post would be nice, just so I know who is giving me feedback.  Something like "I have a daughter the same age, and yes, I noticed that too." whatever the situation is.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • Options
    @andreahshields - Yes, I completely agree that anyone that is going to be posting on other threads should intro.  Thanks for your feedback!
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Robin! I'm Melissa. My twin boys, conceived with Femara and injectables, will be 2 in April. I had an early miscarriage before them and in December lost a boy due to triploidy. I'm on the bench for another month but will then be TTC again. Personally, I would love if the checking was here and I could participate. TTCAL was amazing for me after my first loss but it doesn't feel like a good fit now even though I have had another loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you and the other TTCAL ladies will participate here.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    Hi and welcome! :) I agree with PPs to and hope you can feel comfortable and safe here!

@mkc5869 I hope you didn't just jinx us!!! Lol

But she's right, we don't get many drive bys or trolls, we're fairly low drama here!
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

Welcome Robin.  I am very sorry for your loss.  As Melissa said above, I would be very interested in joining your check in if you were to start one.  I posted on TTCAL after we lost our first son at 19 weeks.  We had dour rainbow a year later.  We recently had a loss at 10 weeks and are waiting until next cycle before we TTCAL again.  I think a check-in would be a welcomed addition to the PAL board.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    MJM3108MJM3108 member
    edited March 2014
    mkc5869 said:

Hi Robin.  Welcome!  I personally NJ don't have a problem with this at all.  I think most of us understand that it can be complicated when posting on TTCAL.  If you guys need a safe space then I would have no problem with you posting your check in over here.  That way you guys won't risk hurting anyone and those of us who are TTC can join in.  I agree with andreashields that if you are going to post on other threads then an intro would be nice.  Also, I think posting the check in on, say, Wednesday would be a good idea.  This board tends to be a little slow so all of the BPFs show up on the main page until mid-week.  Just a thought so that they aren't staring those who are having a bad day in the face.

One other thing.  This is a VERY low drama board and I think most of us would agree that we would like it to stay that way.  We kind of stay under the radar of drive-bys and trolls so as long as this is done respectfully then I'm cool with it.  Also, I'm not implying that any of you are drama queens, it is just a concern of mine.

All if this. Every word.

Also, Hi!!! I'm Jess, DH and I lost our daughter, Grace, at 18 weeks in July of 2010, and my handsome rainbow, Ben, just turned 1 about 2 weeks ago.

PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
    You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• Options
    Welcome. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are blessed with your sticky baby soon! I'm all for a TTCAL check in over here. I had two early losses before my DD was born and we are TTC for another now.

I do have a question for you about the check in, though. For those of us who are already members of the board and have tickers and pics of our LO's in our siggys, would we need to hide those to participate in the check-in? I totally understand not wanting to see that kind of stuff on hard days, especially fresh after a loss. And I would never want to cause more pain to any AL mom. 
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Options
    Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited March 2014
    First off, @rmpar29 :-h (hoping that was the Hi smiley)

I don't see a problem with you guys having a check in over here. I was once in your shoes (quick background: c/p, DS born, mmc with 9 months on TTCAL, now pg again) and used to participate in a TTCAL check in over here.

Two suggestions:
    1) That the check in include ladies here who have had losses since their rainbows. I know missa_g has responded, but there are others in similar shoes.

2) That you clearly spell out in the header of the post that it is for ladies TTC after a SUBSEQUENT loss as opposed to just a TTC check in (there is already a TTC check in for ladies w/o a loss since their rainbow(s)...and that if pg tickers and baby pics will be an issue thst that be stated clearly in the header as well. Otherwise some of us (like me) might chime in and unknowingly upset someone.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"