October 2014 Moms

Water park question

Hi ladies, this may be a silly question but the rep couldn't give me a "solid" answer.

We are going to Kalahari (indoor water park) and there are slides and tube rides. Every ride except the lazy river and the wave pool say "CAUTION: For safety reasons. Pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride this slide."

Do you think this would count for someone 8 weeks, or are they meaning further along pregnant women?

I don't mind if I can't, just curious so I know before we go.

TIA

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Gibson is due October 8th! (Bfp: January 29th)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Noah 12.26.2008

6 lbs 6 oz / 19.5 inches long

Re: Water park question

• Very true. I am going to give my OB a call. I just want to be able to take my son on the small ones (low impact) so if I will see if I get the ok or not. If not SO or his brother will have to take him.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Noah 12.26.2008

• theresat858  I figured a small slide would be fine, but I wasn't sure if I was missing another reason it'd be unsafe and after 2 losses and taking a year to conceive, I kind of want to take every precaution possible.

My OB office said anything in a tube is fine so that makes me feel better.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Noah 12.26.2008

• Loading the player...
  • We went to Blizzard Beach (Disney World) in November (I didn't know I was pregnant at the time) so of course we went on all the crazy rides. The next day I found out I was pregnant, and then a week later I M/C. Now, I am not sure what caused the M/C but I definitely wouldn't go on any high impact water slides, but I would think the little kiddy ones would be fine. 

• @dana2die4 I am sorry for your loss and thanks for the input. I am going to stay away from the high impact ones just to be safe.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Noah 12.26.2008

• I've always been told if you were doing it before you got pregnant you can continue on, unless your at risk to get a blow to the belly. I was in the ocean body surfing at 9 weeks pregnant and thought nothing of it and everything was fine, but I was really fit and used to it. (Not so much the case this time)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you in Wisconsin Dells? I love the Dells. I live in South Dakota but went there for our honeymoon in September. I would call your OB first but, personally, I'd think the low impact ones are okay. The lazy river is my favorite anyway :) I hate the dark slides where you can't see the bottom.
    Jenna (27) + Shawn (27) 09.07.13
    DS Carter (7) 11.09.06
    DS Tanner (5) 01.15.09
    Baby #3 is due 09.28.14

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"