3rd Trimester

Weird taste in mouth

Has anyone experienced having a metallic or sweet taste in their mouth? My urine tests have been totally good the last four weeks (no protein or sugar), was negative for gestational diabetes and haven't had any other issues.

I'm talking to my OBGYN tomorrow about it, but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this in the third trimester. I've read about it happening in the first trimester because of the surge of hormones. Also have read that it could be caused by prenatals not being broken down as well because of those hormones. 

At any rate, not too concerned about it, but super curious if anyone else has this too!

Thanks y'all!
September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

Re: Weird taste in mouth

• I get a yucky taste in my mouth the first tri that cannot be brushed away or anything.  And it came back this week.  I hate it because it reminds me of the nausea from the first tri.  I'm wondering if it heartburn related.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @food_chick I was wondering about that too! I get heartburn nightly!

• Loading the player...
  • My heartburn is all day every day.  Zantac is wonderful, but it's even not quite enough these days.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've been avoiding all meds and find that a paste of honey, turmeric and chopped garlic helps out.

• I have a nasty taste in my mouth all the time, even after eating mints. I was told it's a result of the acid causing the heartburn. Gross. I can't wait for it to go away.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm experiencing the same thing. I've pretty much noticed it my entire pregnancy so far. I absolutely HATE IT! I try to keep some hard candy or mints handy to get rid of the taste.
  • @MJC1116 I went to my OBGYN yesterday for a regular check up and he said it's probably from heartburn too. I'm going all natural with my pregnancy and birth so he suggested taking pancreatic enzymes to help with it. Also...chewing chewing chewing the hell out of your food will help too.

Hooray for heartburn! Good luck with dealing with yours.

@YTLCNURSE...thanks for the tip on the hard candy! I've been chewing gum to help out but man, my jaw is getting tired!

• I had a metallic taste right around Thanksgiving, then again a month later. My doctor told me it was due to your hormone levels changing and told me to expect it again late in the pregnancy. I sympathize with you, it makes everything taste awful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"