August 2014 Moms

Second trimester spotting- wwyd?

I spotted a ton during the 1st trimester and haven't had it since 12 weeks. I'm 17 weeks now. I was spotting this morning so to ease my mind I used my Doppler and there was still a heart beat so I felt okay. I just noticed more spotting a few minutes ago, called my doctor but they are closed. I can get through to someone if it's an emergency but I don't know if this is considered an emergency or not so I don't want to abuse it. Would you hold out until Monday if the spotting continued?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Second trimester spotting- wwyd?

• @pink021 - after reading your response I went ahead and called. They have their recording set up weird. First it says if you have a medical emergency and need to speak with our physician on call please dial 1 (or whatever number it is). Then the recording gives me more options to leave a message for the on call doctor without mentioning it being an emergency. I went ahead and left a message and am waiting for a call back.

• @Weezy56, that's exactly what I would do - try to get ahold of the on call doc. In fact, I had some bleeding a few weeks ago and that's exactly what I did. According to my doc as long as the spotting/bleeding goes away or turns brown within a few hours it's fine... but of course it all depends on your specific situation. Since then I've found out that I have low platelets so at least I have a reason for the spotting/bleeding... it's still scary though! Hopefully you hear back from the doctor soon and get some answers.
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Loading the player...
  • No sex recently : (. The only thing I can think of is I had a very bad pain on my lower right side this morning after stretching in the bed before getting up. It almost felt like a pulled muscle feeling.

• Fingers crossed that the bleeding stops! Take it easy if you can!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Glad it sounds like the doctor isn't too concerned. Hope all is well in the morning!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"