Secondary IF

Intro. *Living Child Mentioned*

2»

Re: Intro. *Living Child Mentioned*

• No KC1212, don't leave. I think the criteria should have to do with possibly a diagnosis of IF in some manner. If you have undergone treatment or expect to undergo treatment of some sort related to IF.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No KC1212, don't leave. I think the criteria should have to do with possibly a diagnosis of IF in some manner. If you have undergone treatment or expect to undergo treatment of some sort related to IF.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that if my plumbing wasn't busted before, it is now since I just have one tube.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • @kc1212
    I feel like I should introduce myself before I ask... I did intro here a while ago and I lurk, but don't really post bc I'm not going through any cycles. But I'm due to have a salpinectomy in the very near future (waiting to book a consult). Would it be rude if I asked about your plumbing? ;) I feel like it's been rare to find some one else with any tubal factors!! Especially only one side.
  • @almostamissus lol. Well, I don't know that I can tell you much. I got pregnant in November and didn't know it. Long story short, I didn't find out until January that I was not only pregnant, but it was ectopic. I was too far along and they did surgery and I lost my left tube. The doctor said my right one looked okay. I just don't know the logistics of ttc with one tube.

I'm not familiar with salpinectomy... pardon my ignorance.

Married 6 years

October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• almostamissusalmostamissus member
    edited March 2014
    @kc1212
    Salpingectomy (forgot the 'g' last time) is surgery to remove your fallopian tube. I just ask because I have a unilateral hydrosalpinx (my left tube is blocked and filled with fluid) and I have had two mc. I keep hoping that some one can shed some light on wether it is connected to the hydro (that's why I want it removed!) but I haven't found anyone who's gone through it. The research I've read is slim. And split.

Has it been a long time since your ep? I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. It seems one of nature's worst tricks.
    Eta: clearly I can't read so that was a foolish question. Fail.
  • @almostamissus well, it's been 6 weeks. One of the ladies on TTCAL messaged me after and told me not to worry- she went on to get pregnant 5 times after losing one of her tubes (but all were losses). I don't know how your tube can be connected to your losses unless they were ectopic ?? But, I'm not a doctor.

I would maybe use the search function on the infertility board (which is much bigger than this one)...I wouldn't post though because they do not have living children...

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• almostamissusalmostamissus member
    edited March 2014
    @kc1212 thanks for the info! I will definitely do a search of the if board.
    The theory with hydro is that the fluid can push back into the uterus and possibly (physically) wash away any emby. Or change the balance and make it inhospitable for an embryo or difficult for it to absorb the correct nutrients. I've seen a couple of small studies that indicate fertility is almost restored after a salpingectomy- but they are so small... I'm trying to remain hopeful.
    Eta- on top of all that, the risk of ectopic is 20% with a hydro.
  • @almostamissus oh I see now. That makes sense. Have you ever had a C section? That's about what the post-op pain felt like to me (but, I had a D&C done as well). The first 2 days were the hardest. I felt almost 100% by a week later.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• @kc1212 Thanks for the info! I've not had a c-section or any surgery ever actually. It's a little unnerving, especially to think it might not "fix" anything. But onward and upward.
    Good luck to you too.
  • Momarazzi007Momarazzi007 member
    edited March 2014
    I think the key ingredients for this board are actually trying through infertility- having a child already, not introing at specific times,not being a rude person and giving as much as you hope to get. I think after reading this thread- there is a lot of drama going on in some of these boards that I second MrsCastillo in my disgust. It is confusing- infertility vets aren't women who have already been through it- it is primary infertility and over 6 months posting about it on TB. We are the board for people who have been through it and have kids (and in a lot of of cases- haven't been through it but have kids and are struggling thorough it now) damn it gets confusing). At least we understand the influx of new people lately- bs how you were pretty much told to go sit in the corner. I'm just disgusted and wanted to say I hope wherever you call home you are only there a short stay and much luck to you!
    Edit- typos- might have more- oops
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• bs how you were pretty much told to go sit in the corner.

I just don't see this at all in anything I read on the thread. This is really hitting a nerve with me since I've been a long time TTCALer with a living child. And since I took the time to write what I hoped would be a helpful clarifying contribution. No where did I ever see where anyone was rejected at as member of the TTCAL community in any way.

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

***All always welcome!!***

• KC1212KC1212 member
    edited March 2014
    @momarazzi007 I get what @anitaflora is saying here. I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression about the TTCAL community. They have been nothing but nice to me. But the subject of living children is a heated topic there (again I get it) but I also understood where the OP of that whole debate was coming from in trying to create a safe zone where children could be openly discussed- however the idea was not well received (too put it mildly) and well, it's a mess.

A big mess .

But I also see @mrscastillo 's point. They should have made it clear that secondary infertility is for Infertility - not just the place to talk about kids.

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• @almostamissus I had a hydro and had surgery to have it removed. It was in my left tube as well. Yes a hydro can cause miscarriages because the embryo can't implant. The liquid is poison. So it does eliminate the embryo. As long as you have one tube and it doesn't have a hydro or isn't blocked you can still conceive. My hydro was created from endometriosis. My RE would not do a transfer until it was removed.

• @freakyfast thanks! I'm glad you were able to weigh in for her. I knew you had your tubes removed but, didn't realize that was why or I would said "ask freakyfast!" :)

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @almostamissus I had a hydro and had surgery to have it removed. It was in my left tube as well. Yes a hydro can cause miscarriages because the embryo can't implant. The liquid is poison. So it does eliminate the embryo. As long as you have one tube and it doesn't have a hydro or isn't blocked you can still conceive. My hydro was created from endometriosis. My RE would not do a transfer until it was removed.

lurker weighing in.....the hydro was my initial diagnosis too. Ditto to all the above. All the blood work type tests and AFC etc can only tell u so much. Needed to have the hydro removed before progressing with IVF as fluid can be toxic to the embryo and leak and mechanically move the embryo and prevent implantation. You can't get pregnant through a tube with a hydro as it's closed so means almostamissus got pregnant through the other tube which is pretty awesome! Once the tube with the hydro is gone a more positive outcome should be expected. Was the best thing that ever happened to me as it meant we had to go straight to IVF which then is the ultimate diagnostic tool and uncovered a lot more going in that didn't show up on the standard diagnostic tests. In retrospect it saved us a lot of time and $$$$ in messing around with treatments that could never have worked. There have been a few others on the IF board with hydros too. I post over there as it was where I posted during primary infertility but I have a little boy through IVF. Going through a cycle at the mo so won't intro here until this cycle is done and it's necessary. ER is tomorrow. Anyhow, hydro is a pain byt surgery isn't bad and it's an easy fix. Good luck and reach out with questions!
  • The thing is that infertility and losses are both subjects that people need to use common sense and consideration when discussing. No one was necessarily blaming you just trying to figure out where all these (some misplaced) newbies were coming from. Once everyone figures out wether this board or another is an appropriate and comfortable fit, then it will all settle down.

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"