February 2014 Moms

Loring Avery is here! (GingerM84)

Short: Loring Avery was born on 2/26 at 4:30pm weighing 6lbs 9oz and 19inches long. She has beautiful red hair just like her momma!

Long: We were 40w 4d and had no progressed past a 1/2cm. My doctor decided to induce us, so we checked in at our hospital on Tuesday night (2/25) to start with cervadil to get things going. At 7 am the next day I had only made it to a 1 with a few mild contractions, so they started to petocin. By 10 I was having regular contractions but very little cervical progression and after a few of the contractions baby's heart rate had taken small dips.

From there my doctor ordered and epideril (sp?). They stopped petocin and broke my water at noon. Hoping this would speed things up. They got her responding to contractions well and started back with the petocin.

At this point my doctor had let us know that if she reacts poorly to the contractions again we would be doing a c section ASAP.

By 3:30 she had dipped again after a couple strong contractions and my doctor was called, we were prepped for a c section.

At 4:30 lil Loring arrived healthy and happy! We are both recovering well and I am so greatful for the nurses and doctors. There quick thinking and attention made us feel very confident that this was the best choice for us, even though it was not part of the plan.

Thank you all for your support, stories and love over the past 9 months! I look forward to sharing our stories about parenting and all of its joys and challenges in the future. You all are amazing!!

Re: Loring Avery is here! (GingerM84)

• Congrats! She's precious!
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • Congrats! Hope your recovery goes well!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"