Natural Birth
Options

Baby early?

My midwife said that the baby is already with her head facing down. Does that mean that she might come early, in your experience? 
BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby early?

• Options
    Not in my experince. All of my kids were head down by 30 weeks . My oldest dropped by 36 weeks and she wasnt born till 42 weeks,my second stayed head down faced the way she should from 28 weeks on and was born 10 days after her due date. My son was early but that was a fluke. My fourth was head down by 30 weeks and dropped weeks before her birth and she was 3 days late. There really is no sign other then your bloody show that will tell you of your going to go into labor early, late or on time. You can even be dilated to a four for months and still not have a clue when youll go into labor.
  • Options
    You want the baby heads down and many are around this time. My LO was head down around 34 weeks when my OB palpated my stomach. I went into labor on my own at 39 weeks 4 days. Like PP said there is no way to know when you will go into labor. Most first time moms go to 41 weeks so I was mentally prepared for that. However, I went into labor at 39w4d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope mine was head down at 29 weeks and she was born at 41!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS was head down at ~33 weeks, dropped at 34, and was born at 42 weeks.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My lo was head down at 28 weeks and stayed that way until I was induced at 41 weeks for GD....I thought I was going to go early based on my contractions, the fact that I was dilated starting at 32 weeks and my mother telling me that because I was early, my babies would come early too (that's bs, but it still made me think and get excited to have baby here!)
  • Options
    Thank you. I appreciate all your responses .
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"