1st Trimester
Options

Mini-Ultrasound Machine

This is my fourth baby, so I feel I know exactly what to expect at the doctor's office.  Well I get ready for him to check on the heart beat and instead he pulls out this new small device I had never seen before.  It was a handheld ultrasound machine.  We were able to see a tiny ultrasound of our little one at 13 weeks and man is he/she active.  I was told this will happen at every appointment.  I have to say I am loving the new technology. 

Re: Mini-Ultrasound Machine

• Options
    Where are you located? I've never heard of that!! How cool!
  • Options
    I"m located in Mobile, AL.  It wasn't intrusive at all, just over my stomach pelvic region.  I really enjoy it, because it's amazing seeing the little movement. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow! That's pretty cool.
  • Options
    That would be great for women that have high risk pregnancies in my area. Around here most OBs and Family Doctors don't have any type of ultrasound equipment in their office, you have to be referred for a U/S at a larger clinic, public lab or in my city, the local children's hospital. So for women that are high risk and need to have more U/S during their pregnancy I can see that being a pain with paying for hospital parking, making an extra appointment that us usually an inflexible date.

(I had to go for a couple extra ultrasounds after my A/S because baby would not cooperate and show us his tailbone, but I can't imagine if I had to go for one every few weeks or something. That would be draining to go to the Children's hospital that often.)

Being able to "check-in" on your growing LO right in your OBs office instead of having to go to an outside clinic and have a separate follow-up appointment afterwards would really help women that need a lot of ultrasounds out.

Yay Technology!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    That is amazing!   My family doctor is from the stone age so I don't think we will get one at my clinic anytime soon.   

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is awesome!! I'm sure this is exactly what people were thinking when dopplers were first used. Someday you will be able to order your own little ultrasound device to use at home. I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"