March 2014 Moms
Options

Help!

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and me and the father recently broke up because neither of us is happy and didnt want to bring a baby into an unhappy household. I'm not going to breast feed but don't know how long it should be before the dad takes him over night...and how do I talk to him about it? We are still friends

Re: Help!

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't have any advice other than to suggest that you try the single parenting board: https://forums.thebump.com/categories/single-parents
    DD born 1/16/11
    #2 It's a Boy! EDD 3/23/14
  • Options
    I think if you don't plan to breastfeed then there is no reason dad can't start taking baby fairly soon. It will depend on your relationship and probably leave time etc. You definitely need to have this conversation with him. Maybe set a time to talk and ask what his expectations are, let him know what your expectations are and hopefully they are very similar.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"