Trouble TTC

NTTTCR: Scandal Lovers?

Anybody out there a big Scandal fan and glad its back on? Freaking love that show! #GladiatorAtHeart
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
 Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS

Re: NTTTCR: Scandal Lovers?

• @Rumbera28  NOOO not Team Jake!! lol Im not crazed about Olitz, but Jake doesnt have enough "swag" for me. I need there to be a new character as her love interest. Im not happy with any of them so far. Especially not Edison aka "Mr would you like a pudding pop" lol 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • @Calindi Shonda is the best... I must admit I have not kept up with Greys though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How crazy is this season about to get though??!!! Im so anxious to see how Rowan Pope will get revenge
  • Yeah. I'm gonna go with Jake too. I'm over Fitz. Great show.

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• calindi said:
    I'm totally Team Jake.  I think Fitz is kind of a putz, and anyone who married Millie is an idiot.

Although I do kind of love-to-hate Millie - and I love the new plot twist they just introduced with her!
    Yes I want to see how Millies new story is going to run. That should be very interesting. Something is bound to happen between her and Andrew. 
  • I'm just on the first season on Netflix. Like it so far!

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• @jenkellan it's so good! Let me know if you have any ???s
  • I was dieing to read this thread last week but I hadn't watched Scandal yet and afraid I would read a plot spoiler.  I finally watched it, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jake!  He is so freaking adorable!  I'm very confused/concerned about what is going on with Quinn.  I like the way the characters were pre- Huck & Quinn weird blow up thing.
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
    6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
    7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
    8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
    Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
    All Are Welcome!!

• Love Scandal!!!   Our house grinds to a halt on Thursday night with Big Bang, Grey's and Scandal.   I have last week in the DVR totally plan on watching that tonight!   I'm also team Jake, I just can't get behind sleeping with a married man.   

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

• Rumbera28 said:
    I was dieing to read this thread last week but I hadn't watched Scandal yet and afraid I would read a plot spoiler.  I finally watched it, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jake!  He is so freaking adorable!  I'm very confused/concerned about what is going on with Quinn.  I like the way the characters were pre- Huck & Quinn weird blow up thing.
    This is the first Shonda Rhimes show that I've watched... but from what I've been told, she often 'kills off' characters by totally changing their natures.   She's done this with at least 6 people on the show so far... I don't like *that* much change.   I'm still hooked on the show though!
    I dont think its that drastic. I can see a few changes in characters here and there, but the only one that really was a BIG change is Quinn. Everything else to me has made for good twists. The twists that makes Scandal so... Scandaliscious. lol 
  • I think my issue behind Jake is (what I have deemed as) bad acting? He just seems so stiff and not just not a fit for the show. No other leading guy on the show is that dry. They all have personality and charisma. IDK I like Olitz... I dont care about TV affairs, its supposed to be juicy and I dont take it any further than that in terms of personal beliefs. JMO
  • jaztasticjaztastic member
    edited March 2014
    Lol yea military men can be that way... DH was for a while but is totally "normal" now.
  • Obsessed! And I want Liv and Fitz to move to Vermont, have babies and live happily ever after!
    Married 8/6/2011 Me (26) DH (33) SA normal,HSG clear TTC since August 2011 7/2012 50mg Clomid+Trigger+IUI+progesterone =BFN 8/2012 100mg Clomid+estrogen+Trigger+IUI+progestrone=BFN 10/2012 100mg clomid+Gonal+Lupron+Trigger+Progestrone+IUI=BFP but ectopic.
  • jencity9jencity9 member
    edited March 2014
    I'm a scandal fan too! I didn't look at this discussion until now because I needed to catch up on the last episode on DVR and just in case there were spoilers!

My opinion on Fitz is the affair doesn't bother me for whatever reason, but he is so freaking controlling!!! And he takes so much advantage of his position of power (I mean in terms if how he is with Olivia). Basically I see him as an abuser! My DH is so used to me going on rants about men like that (he watches scandal with me) so now he points it out too every time he does something that is so inappropriate, LOL! As for Jake, I just feel meh about him.

@calindi I totally agree with you about Huck/Quinn!! Ugh. That made me sooooo mad!!

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • calindi said:
    jaztaz1 said:
    I think my issue behind Jake is (what I have deemed as) bad acting? He just seems so stiff and not just not a fit for the show. No other leading guy on the show is that dry. They all have personality and charisma. IDK I like Olitz... I dont care about TV affairs, its supposed to be juicy and I dont take it any further than that in terms of personal beliefs. JMO
     Jake is a total military guy, and reminds me quite a bit of my DH.  They're stiff, for sure, but my guy at least (and Jake seems to be) incredibly sweet and loyal.  I don't think it's bad acting, I think he's playing the role perfectly!

The whole Huck/Quinn thing is interesting... I can actually see where Quinn's transition started (back when her FI was killed and she had to go through some pretty f'ed up shit for awhile), but the one part that seemed rather drastic was *****spoiler alert*****  Huck torturing Quinn.  I can't quite reconcile that, and it feels wrong.  And even when Quinn confronted him, he wouldn't apologize.  I mean, it's not that freaking hard for her to explain how she was tricked into it and then blackmailed, which seems like something Huck would be able to understand and forgive (since she wouldn't have been a traitor, which is his big argument - clearly killing people isn't a serious offense for him).
    I agree!  It makes me feel like maybe something big is going to happen and she is only pretending with Charlie.  I mean why else wouldn't she have just told Huck the truth like you said. 
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
    6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
    7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
    8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
    Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
    All Are Welcome!!

• I thought the Millie storyline was good too... And also that she had someone who took care of her after what her FIL did since her husband was too self absorbed to realize anything was seriously wrong!!

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"