2nd Trimester

shoes for swollen feet (summer)

This is my 3rd pregnancy.  With my 1st two, my feet started to swell around 28weeks & by the end they were so puffy I didn't recognize them.  Both times the end of my pregnancies were in the colder month though so full coverage shoes weren't an issue.  This time, however, my 3rd tri is going to be in the summer.  I would imagine I will want to be wearing shorts, dresses, capris to stay cool but what to wear on my feet?!  Sandals will probably look horrible if my feet swell again.  DH said just wear tennis shoes but not exactly fashionable w/ some of my clothing selections.  I figured I can probably pull off boat/deck shoes w/ shorts & capris but what about dresses?  I just hate the idea of not being able to dress cute because I have troll feet.  

Re: shoes for swollen feet (summer)

• In just wore flip flops when I was pregnant with my dd during the summer and intend to do the same this time around. They were the most comfortable option because the straps would stretch a little and my swollen feet didn't feel constricted.

Married 8.1.2010
    DD #1: Arrived 10.7.2011
    TTC #2 Since March 2013
    BFP 5.20.2013, EDD 1.26.2014, natural mc @ 5 wks 5.25.2013
    BFP 6.21.2013, EDD 3.14.2014, Twins - missed mc @ 7w6d, D&C 8.6.2013
    BFP 10.7.2013, EDD June 20 2014 - It's a GIRL!   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second the flip-flops.  You can get fancier ones that would look amazing with dresses but still be comfy.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"