October 2014 Moms
Options

Travel allowed until how many weeks??

I know the answer to this question can vary based on different people and your doctor but what is the "standard" week that you aren't supposed to travel/fly after? Is it 34 weeks? I will ask my doctor once I get transferred from my RE to OB but might book a babymoon on Monday when Southwest releases their schedule so thought I'd just get an idea of what's normal! (I will use SW miles so it will be completely refundable - just want to get a head start on planning!)
<3
EDD: 1/28/2018
Eli: 10/14/2014

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Travel allowed until how many weeks??

• Options
    I believe 36 weeks is the cutoff for flying.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you travel that late you will need a note from your doctor to prove how far along you are. Also if you are at all high risk your doctor will likely cut you off earlier. I wasn't allowed to fly anywhere without a certain level of hospital past 25 weeks.

• Options
    My OB's policy is 34 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4 losses- MC in 2006, MMC in February 2012 at 12 weeks and MMC (twins) August 2016 at 12 weeks. Pregnant again- 11/7/16. Another loss on December 28, 2016.

BFP April 23, 2017.  Our triple rainbow baby! EDD: January 2, 2018. It's a boy!
  • Options
    My doctor allows travel until the 36th week.
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My old OB was 35 weeks for flying. I think it varies and I would check with the airline to see if they have any requirements like PP said about a note from your doctor.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Gibson is due October 8th! (Bfp: January 29th)

Noah 12.26.2008

6 lbs 6 oz / 19.5 inches long

• Options
    Definitely check the airline policy, as each one is different. I think the standard is 36 weeks, but even if you're earlier, better to have the letter since you may be questioned. I flew at 30 weeks and was asked for one by the check-in lady.

• Options
    It sounds like you'll be flying somewhere, but I thought I'd throw this out there for everyone, that cruise lines have a much earlier cutoff.  Somewhere in the 23 week range, I believe.  We went to Mexico when I was 26 weeks, and I had a blast.  It was a great time to travel.  
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually am pretty sure it depends on the airline too in some cases they won't let you on unless you have a doctors note. Keep in mind I am in Canada and this could be different in the states. But my doctor clipped my wings at 35 weeks I wasn't supposed to go anywhere more than 2 hours from her, cause I was a high risk.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It sounds like you'll be flying somewhere, but I thought I'd throw this out there for everyone, that cruise lines have a much earlier cutoff.  Somewhere in the 23 week range, I believe.  We went to Mexico when I was 26 weeks, and I had a blast.  It was a great time to travel.  
    Yes you're right on the cruising! Most of them are around 24 weeks. I'm going on a cruise in April and I will be 15 weeks and they still require a dr note stating I'm fit to travel, I'm not high risk, and exactly how many weeks I am.

And I second Mexico - one of my favorite places to go!!
    <3
    EDD: 1/28/2018
    Eli: 10/14/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"