Cloth Diapering
Options

Come in here you big bullies

I need someone to help me stay away from the sweets and lose weight. So, suggestions? I really need some accountability. Even if it means someone yelling at me to put down the darn twinky and posting a log every day. I'm sick of feeling and looking fat. I'm sick of looking at all my pretty dresses I have in my closet from before Cade. Including my wedding dress that I fear my never get worn.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Come in here you big bullies

• Options
    Is moderation considered 4 hostess cupcakes, 5 oreos, and a chocolate bar right?? Right?

Also, sweets and carbs are my Achilles heel.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've used the Lose It! app on my iPhone. It's free, and it helps give me a goal to strive for, and limits on my eating. It's a daily log of your food and exercise. Every time your weight goes up or down, it adjusts the calories you're allowed each day to lose your goal amount of weight each week. Like, once you lose 1 lb, or 5 lbs, or whatever, you're allotted fewer calories each day so that you continuing losing weight at the same rate (like 2lbs per week, etc.)

And I agree with MK; I eat way better when I know someone will see what I've eaten!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I would die Awful, die!
  • Options
    Well, shit MK. Gotta rain on my parade here.

Is it ok if I think I'm working out while eating it??
  • Options
    Seriously though. I'm going to have to seriously cut shit out of my life and tone stuff down. So, is there a diet out there that doesn't suck and will allow me to at least enjoy a piece of buttery french bread every once in a while?
  • Options
    I need to make my apple dip again.

2 tbs of peanut butter
    1 cup of yogurt

It's really good with apples and it did help with sweet cravings. I tink it had to do with the crunch of apples.
  • Options
    Have you tried sparkpeople? It has a lot of healthified recipes.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    And I'm right there with you. I am always so hungry when I breastfeed and I reach for junk food at work.
  • Options
    Of course. Eat anything you want, just less of it. When I "diet" I still eat anything. I just make my portions smaller and exercise more. It's only about calories in < calories out. So while it's not healthy, if you eat 1000 cals a day of cupcakes or 1000 calories of brown rice, you'll still lose weight, though a little more slowly with the cupcakes since fat calories are more difficult to burn off.

• Options
    Anyone have any good low impact workout videos for days I'm not at the gym? Bonus if it's Amazon Prime.
  • Options
    Give up dairy and soy.  Eliminates all the good stuff.
    Yeah no kidding, I've given up on being gf (for me) since being dairy and soy free for ds is more important......and being free of all three was too hard for me......besides, it wouldn't help me not eat the fries at work.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    I have an android phone.
  • Options
    I just re-joined WW. I was/am a lifetime member, but now need to lose about 15 lbs. Luckily work gives us a 50% discount. I just joined the Online version. I like that you can eat anything in moderation, just stick to your points for the day/week. And it has healthy checks to try to prompt you to use your points for the "right" things. Also, you earn more points by working out so that's a motivator to move right there.
  • Options
    My fitness app is a great log/calorie counter. It takes into account your goals and activity level. Bonus: if you have friends that use it you can view profiles and logs, as well as, keeping each other accountable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I tried WW. I do ok, but am hungry as well for 2-3 weeks and give up. I have a bad habit of not eating all day and then gorging on bad things by dinner time and after the kids go to bed. Overloading on veggies. Doesn't happen. I just don't have the time.
  • Options
    Yea, except my brain thinks that the only thing left to eat is carbs.  Carbs are good stuff. :-?

Before I got KU I was trying to lose weight and was doing WW.  My doc told me to eat all the veggies and meat I wanted. I ate more than my points in meat and veggies and still lost about 55 lbs in 3 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly, all my bitching and moaning and complaints. I just need to find healthy recipes for the foods I like and keep a log. Eat more salads. Get off my ass more. I'm even thinking of going off hormonal BC for this since I think it might be part of the problem. I just am so frustrated. With Rosie I just lost the weight. I didn't do anything. No diets, nothing. I was a size bigger than when I got pregnant with her and I liked it. This time I've goen through so many hoops and I've barely lost 5 pounds in a year. Add in PPA/PPD and it's no surprise I eat all the food.
  • Options
    We started with serving meals in the kitchen and bringing our plates to the table since we tend to sit around the table for literally hours after meals talking and I noticed that we would graze on food remains in serving bowls while doing so.  Now, the plate of raw veggies is the only serving platter allowed.

• Options
    Anyone have any good low impact workout videos for days I'm not at the gym? Bonus if it's Amazon Prime.
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred gets good reviews!

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • Options
    Get My Fitness Pal app for your phone. It has nutrition info on pretty much any food you eat , inclluding fast food. It tracks calories eaten and burned. I find I'm way more accountable when I use it consistently.

I highly recommend Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 or 30 Day Shred. It's crazy hard but she has modifications for beginners and intermediate. I lost around 50 pounds after D using it, walking, occasionally running and eating sensiblely.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    I also like the My Fitness Pal app a lot. If you're looking for a little bit of reading/nutrition education, I really like the book Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salads. It explains a lot about balancing blood sugar, eating the right amount of lean protein and healthy carbs. It's not very complicated, and the author helps it all make sense. She also has a new book out, I just saw when I was on Amazon.

• Options
    bookitup said:
    I tried WW. I do ok, but am hungry as well for 2-3 weeks and give up. I have a bad habit of not eating all day and then gorging on bad things by dinner time and after the kids go to bed. Overloading on veggies. Doesn't happen. I just don't have the time.
    I do WW too. I have been awful about it lately, though. 

Could you spend like 20 minutes to chop up a bunch of veggies and fruits into portion-sized containers so they are ready to go when you're hungry? I find that if I pre-wash and prepare everything then I'm much more likely to eat veggies when I have like 2 seconds to grab something while E isn't fussing.

Do you like fruits? I'm usually in a relationship with fruits while on WW...grapes are like my BFF.  Also, cottage cheese.  For some miraculous reason, fat-free cottage cheese is like 2 points or so for a decent amount.  And yogurt. I can usually substitute those things for sweets when I'm feeling like I'm going to eat an entire container of Oreos.
    Check out PB2. I FIND it to be a satisfactory peanut butter substitute. Pair with dark chocolate for sweet cravings.
  • Options

This, lol. And, just for good measure, also remove wheat, peanuts, and tree nuts. (Life is good around here.)

But seriously. Before I got pregnant I lost 35 pounds by religiously using MyFitnessPal on my phone. It helped motivate me to keep working out even though my progress was really slow. And on TTCAL we had a healthy living check in 3x a week. I ran it, which also forced me to be accountable.

TTC with MFI, PCOS, and endometriosis since February 2010
    BFP January 20,2012, Loss confirmed January 22,2012
    March-August 2012: Various medicated/IUI cycles, all BFN
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy October 2012: Fall Cleaning, Uterus Edition
    BFP 2-17-12 @12DPO Beta#1: 256 Beta#2: 1061
    EDD:10-27-13
  • Options
    bookitup said:
    bookitup said:

Could you spend like 20 minutes to chop up a bunch of veggies and fruits into portion-sized containers so they are ready to go when you're hungry? I find that if I pre-wash and prepare everything then I'm much more likely to eat veggies when I have like 2 seconds to grab something while E isn't fussing.

Do you like fruits? I'm usually in a relationship with fruits while on WW...grapes are like my BFF.  Also, cottage cheese.  For some miraculous reason, fat-free cottage cheese is like 2 points or so for a decent amount.  And yogurt. I can usually substitute those things for sweets when I'm feeling like I'm going to eat an entire container of Oreos.
    Check out PB2. I FIND it to be a satisfactory peanut butter substitute. Pair with dark chocolate for sweet cravings.
    I have never heard of pb2...it looks like it's powdered? What do you do with it? Where do you buy it?
    It is powdered. They have basically squeezed all the oil out so it only has like 20% of the calories. You rehydrate with water. I buy it on Amazon. It's good to dip apples or bananas in or make apple nachos.
  • Options
    lovelainielovelainie member
    edited February 2014
    jcwinsto said:

bookitup said:

jcwinsto said:

bookitup said:

I have never heard of pb2...it looks like it's powdered? What do you do with it? Where do you buy it?

It is powdered. They have basically squeezed all the oil out so it only has like 20% of the calories. You rehydrate with water. I buy it on Amazon. It's good to dip apples or bananas in or make apple nachos.

I have some of this from before I had to eliminate nuts. It's chocolate flavored, though. It was really good thrown into a smoothie for extra protein.
    TTC with MFI, PCOS, and endometriosis since February 2010
    BFP January 20,2012, Loss confirmed January 22,2012
    March-August 2012: Various medicated/IUI cycles, all BFN
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy October 2012: Fall Cleaning, Uterus Edition
    BFP 2-17-12 @12DPO Beta#1: 256 Beta#2: 1061
    EDD:10-27-13
  • Options
    Also, for workouts I have heard a lot of libraries have fitness Dvds to borrow. This would be a nice way to get more variety and try before you buy. I want to see if mine carries Zumba the next time we go.

• Options
    A few ladies in my office combined My Fitness Pal with FitBit and lost a bunch of weight, just by gaining insight into the number of calories they were actually taking in and expending in a day. I work in finance, so that might be a data nerd thing, but it makes sense that when you can actually *see* what you are taking in and burning, it's easier to make small tweaks rather than big adjustments. So along the same lines as your idea of posting a log. (I think My Fitness Pal allows you to post to social media for that same reason — when people are watching, you behave.)
  • Options
    My trick to eating sweet is pre portioning them. So my dark chocolate covered coffee beans have been divided into 1/3 c baggies. It's not a ton but I take one or two here and there and when it's empty that's all I get for the day.

Also, EAT BREAKFAST. it's a complete necessity. I've been eating oatmeal with honey and cinnamon daily. It's healthy and fills you up for a while. Add some fruit too!

It's also been proven that if you eat healthy breakfast you'll make better food decisions later in the day.

Oh! SNACK. You have too, to prevent your blood sugar from eating low and then making you make poor decisions later in the day. I've really liked my premade burritos. Or chips and salsa. Yum!
  • Options
    Also, do you drink water? Try drinking lots of water 100 oz or so a day. And drink a glass before you eat something that your craving. It'll fill you up!

And if you've been drinking soda or something else... You'll be saving all those calories!
  • Options
    The other thing I have found to be true for me, is if I am craving chocolate, to eat a small piece of chocolate because if I don't then I wind up eating 2-3 times as many calories trying to find something to satisfy and nothing does.

• Options
    Nana I think you're pre-nursing curriculum right now? I know for me understanding the science of my food choices is what has helped me the most. A good nurse friend of mine is reading up a lot on epigenetics right now (google it) and the effect garbage/junk/processed foods have on genes. So for me, knowing that my food choices could prevent me from getting the diabetes that my ENTIRE FAMILY has is really empowering. Also, being pregnant, those food choices are shaping the genes of my baby, so that is a great motivator. Moms always want to do good things for their babies, if not for themselves. So my food rule is 75% of my plate must be fruits and veggies, and 90% of my food should be whole foods, plant based. Those concrete numbers make it really tangible for me, its logical, and there are no weird diet rules. It's got me pumped, maybe it will inspire you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"