July 2012 Moms
Options

FB pictures posted by teacher.

Would you be upset if a teacher posted pictures of your kid on FB?  I have a friend who is a teacher and she posts pictures of her and the kids doing "selfies" and I am very uncomfortable with it.  These kids are 2-3 grade. 
            BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FB pictures posted by teacher.

• Options
    Yes. 100% pissed off if it was done without my permission. If it was something that the teacher asked permission for that's one thing (although I still think its weird) but I don't know why any parent would give permission for that. My BFF teaches 4th grade and does take pictures of her kids and posts them to a class website she has for the parents. Its a google page that parents are invited to- not a public site. So something like that would be ok for me but not to the teachers social media.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    breezyblueyezbreezyblueyez member
    edited February 2014
    Our daycare has a fb and they post pics of events or fun things, BUT I had to sign a photo release and agree to it if we were ok with it. Selfies with an elementary teacher I'm not ok with (assuming there was no permission) especially on her fb.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with all of you.  I find it very inappropriate and I'm so uncomfortable with it I want to private message her about it...
                BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would be upset definitely. There is one teacher that I wouldn't mind because we are actually friends and she comes over but yea I wouldn't like that at all
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    What do you ladies think about me saying something to her in a PM?  Too much?  Should I just stay out of it?
                BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When I taught I wasnt even allowed to friend my kids parents on Facebook. Something like that would have gotten me fired in a hot second.

• Options
    I'm assuming that this is her private FB page? If so totally inappropriate. If it's a class FB page and the parents signed a release it'd be okay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What do you ladies think about me saying something to her in a PM?  Too much?  Should I just stay out of it?
    Stay out of it.  Not your fight to fight.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    When one child at DS's day care was leaving, the day care gave them all cupcakes.

I was uncomfortable with that because no one asked me if he could have one.  However...

He made such an epic mess they took his picture a lot because it was cute.  That also made me uncomfortable and they didn't even post it anywhere.

I would probably PM her.

>>>---FSU--->

• Options
    On their personal page I'd be furious. However, we are required to have Facebook pages for our class for parent communication and we get forms signed saying kid's pictures can be used on it, so I post daily pictures there of the work we're doing. I don't use their names, ever, though.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"