Trouble TTC

*~* Weight loss/Getting Healthy Check In *~*

Hey ladies!  We made it through another week!  How did you do?  Tell us all about your successes and failures.  Have any good tips, tricks, recipes, or workouts? 
If you are new feel free to answer these questions and tell us about yourself:
  1. What is your weight loss/get healthy goal?
  2. What method are you using to help reach your goal?
  3. What is your biggest weakness that you just can't resist?

QOTW: What is your favorite song?  We can make this a 2 part, what is your favorite song ever, and what song are you stuck on right now.

Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
All Are Welcome!!

Re: *~* Weight loss/Getting Healthy Check In *~*

• Hey girls!  I have to admit I had a very successful week!  I really haven't been following my weight watchers plan, just eating normal, making smart choices 1/2 the time.  Wednesday I started back following the plan properly, but when I weighed in on Wednesday afternoon I was down 3.8 pounds!  Although this is weight I had gained during Christmas I dont care!  I'm just happy knowing that I was losing not trying too hard.  That totally motivated me to try hard.  So i'm back following my points strict and working out.  We are planning to join the gym next week now that we are finally over our colds.  I pulled up You tube on my tv last night and did some Zumba in the living room... I tell you I really need to work on my stamina before I do a legit hour long Zumba class.  Anyway though I feel amazing and empowered.  I have a tough but very doable goal of losing 2 pounds per week for the next 2 months!  That will put me down 50 pounds total before we start treatments back. 
    QOTW:  So my favorite song ever is Sober by Pink I love to crank it up and sing along to it.  My song right now I am hooked on is Dark Horse by Katie Perry and The South by The Cadillac Three.... very different songs but I love them both so so much!
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    All Are Welcome!!

• @hope2bmom83 that is great! Sounds like an awesome motivator.

@rumbera28 strength training is good! Good luck!!!

AFM -- I started my new meal plan on Monday. It is a crap ton of protein and very little carbs but it has not been bad. I am down about 2.5 lbs since Monday morning when I started it.

My trainer has worked with me on strength training this week since my cardio is majorly restricted while I am on follistim. I am getting to where I can really feel my ovaries so next week might be much harder to get a good workout in.

QOTW: I don't know that I have a favorite song of all time. I love musicals and tend to blast Rent, or Wicked or my all time favorite, West Side Story. My current songs that I turn up in the car are Dark Horse by Katy Perry and Timber by Pitbull and Ke$ha.

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @rumber28 I probably have more to lose :)  The bigger you are the easier it comes off. 
    @ttuprincess how many days a week are you working out now? 
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    All Are Welcome!!

• Great you're getting back on track!  I haven't made any progress this week...work has been a nightmare, and I've been getting home late.  By that point, I'm too tired to cook, so we have been eating out.  I stayed flat this week.  Next week I travel for work, so I don't think it'll be much better.  but once all those presentations are done, I'll thankfully have my life back.

QOTW: I love Pharell's Happy song right now.  Hard to pick one all-time favorite.  Probably something from Radiohead's The Bends album or maybe STP's Interstate Love Song.  Then again, I do love me some old school Britney!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • @rumber28 I probably have more to lose :)  The bigger you are the easier it comes off. 
    @ttuprincess how many days a week are you working out now? 

About 5 days. I am spending 3 days with my trainer and on the other two I am walking on the treadmill (the only cardio I can do) and doing some light lifting -- usually back and shoulders.

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @gsancho old school Britney is awesome.  I am def. a closet Britney fan.  My fave Brit song is Break the Ice, it is a great work out song.  In general after traveling it is so hard to get back on track.  For me staying flat would be a success given all you have going on.
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    All Are Welcome!!

• Heya, ladies.  I'd like to join this thread if that's okay :) I need to get serious about losing some pounds here.  I just learned my BMI is 44 and that is... terrible.  I think it may be derailing my TTC efforts to be honest.  I disregarded the advice to lose weight before because it wasn't really effecting me too badly (i.e. my blood pressure is normal, my blood sugar is normal, and my cholesterol is elevated a bit above average but nothing I'm horribly concerned about).

Doctor warned me about PCOS but my ovaries look fine and I had a battery of tests to see if I had hormone imbalances... nothing.

Then I started reading studies about women who have very high BMIs producing poor quality eggs that won't fertilize.  Why didn't my RE tell me that in the first place?  My weight's been stable for a few years (again, which is why I haven't worried about it) so I figured my body is just doing what it needs to do and the fat is more of a cosmetic issue than anything else.

The only reason I thought weight could influence my TTC efforts is if I developed PCOS.  I had no idea it did other things, too.  So anyway, I need to get my shit together and lose some weight.  If I'm spending so much money on each cycle, I need to do all I can to make it count.

I'm going to go low-carb and exercise at least 5 times a week.  I want to get down to a BMI of 39 (which would put me at the obese category but out of the morbidly obese range).  So that means I have to lose 28 pounds.

I don't have a deadline set or anything but I'm starting today.  I'll check in on this thread to hold myself accountable :)

QOTW: Er... Um... well... I don't know!  Asking me to pick a favorite anything is nearly impossible because it changes every day.  I guess I'd have to say my favorite song ever is Love Shack (I love singing it at karaoke and it always lightens my mood).  A song I'm stuck on right now is Say Something.  Gives me the feels.

• @wishiwaspreggo I love love love your siggy pic!  Welcome to the check in!  I do have PCOS and letting my weight get out of hand is my biggest regret.  It makes me feel bad, makes my acne worse, makes me anovulatory, etc.  Good luck losing weight, I know its a tough road.
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    All Are Welcome!!

• @hope2bmom83 - thank you :) may as well amuse ourselves with cat memes through this trying process!  I swore I had PCOS (I'm anovulatory, too) and I'm very big so I thought surely that was my issue.  My doctor didn't trust the scans so they did blood work on me.  Tested my thyroid.  But there's nothing wrong so that's why I'm getting frustrated.  I'm hoping shedding a few pounds will make a difference next IUI!  I hear low carb diets improve egg quality for IVF.  Why not apply the same principles to IUI?  Worst case scenario: I lose some weight and lower my BMI.  Can't hurt to try, that's for sure!

And I love to eat so this will be tough.  But I'm doing it for a good cause.  That is motivating :) 

• @hope2bmom83 - thank you :) may as well amuse ourselves with cat memes through this trying process!  I swore I had PCOS (I'm anovulatory, too) and I'm very big so I thought surely that was my issue.  My doctor didn't trust the scans so they did blood work on me.  Tested my thyroid.  But there's nothing wrong so that's why I'm getting frustrated.  I'm hoping shedding a few pounds will make a difference next IUI!  I hear low carb diets improve egg quality for IVF.  Why not apply the same principles to IUI?  Worst case scenario: I lose some weight and lower my BMI.  Can't hurt to try, that's for sure!

And I love to eat so this will be tough.  But I'm doing it for a good cause.  That is motivating :) 

So I don't know if this applies to anyone or only PCOS, but I've had numerous doctors say that the meds work better when you are under 200 pounds or at least lose 10% body weight.  That is my goal now.  I lost the 10% and started ovulating almost immediately upon hitting the 10% goal.  Now i'm trying to get under 200.  I'm getting so close its making me excited.  Like I said idk if that pertains to everyone but maybe worth asking your dr about.  We put ourselves on the bench to lose the weight.  I thought I am paying too much money for these procedures and I really don't want to pay for IVF so why not take the 6 months off and lose the weight to give me a better shot.
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    All Are Welcome!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"