July 2014 Moms
Options

Period during pregnancy? Update

YlvelillYlvelill member
edited February 2014 in July 2014 Moms
This is gonna sound strange but...

I had bleeding at 7-8w then again at 13w and today at 18w I just started bleeding again.

I just had an u/s yesterday so no sch which is what they thought was the cause last time.

I am trying not to freak out but well it isn't working. Both times before it ended after a few hours so I guess time will tell if this is the same.

Update: just got back home from l&d. Babies are okay but I have a 3cm SCH (Subchorionic Hemorrhage) and will have to rest for a while in hopes it clears up. Going back to see the MFM ob early next week.

Thank you all for the t&ps :)

Re: Period during pregnancy? Update

• Options
    My mom swears that she had regular periods throughout her entire pregnancy with my sister (40 years ago)

I would lean toward a different explanation though. What does your doc say?

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options
    My mom had one regularly for months with my little sister (11) but I do think it stopped farther along. Otherwise not sure but I would be concerned too - hope it's nothing!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ob was convinced it was a sch last time even though she did not see one.
  • Options
    Irritable cervix?

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Options
    I know someone who also swears she had regular periods during her pregnancy.
  • Options
    Thank you guys.
  • Options
    There were several women on I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant who said they had periods regularly, so who knows!

I think as long as your doctor is aware and they've been keeping an eye on it, you're probably okay. I know it must be scary to see the blood, though.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that over 50% of SCH's are not visible on regular US. I have no idea if that's true or not but would explain why so many women have unexplained bleeding. Hope the bleeding stops, it's just not a good feeling to see blood when pregnant.
  • Options
    no experience but i hope this stops soon for you! t's &ps!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    I have a good friend who bled tons through her pregnancy. She had a blood transfusion from it. I'm sure this is a huge rarity, but it happens. Just call your OB though and let them know.

Said friend also passed blood clots the size of golf balls. No kidding. Her babe was fine, but preemie.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    It's not a period. A period is the shedding if your lining because a fertilized egg hasn't implanted and happens after you ovulate. Spotting is certainly possible throughout a pregnancy which is why some women may not know they are pregnant ad it can seem like a period especially if you aren't regular anyways. As long as your doctor is monitoring and not worried, I wouldn't be.
  • Options

It's not a period. A period is the shedding if your lining because a fertilized egg hasn't implanted and happens after you ovulate. Spotting is certainly possible throughout a pregnancy which is why some women may not know they are pregnant ad it can seem like a period especially if you aren't regular anyways. As long as your doctor is monitoring and not worried, I wouldn't be.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but it's just strange that it is coming so neatly spaced, unless of course I am just making it happen by stressing
    :-S

Guess I will call in the morning if it doesn't stop.
  • Options
    What is an sch? Sounds like it's maybe not a big deal if that's what it is, and if that's the case crossing fingers it is. Crossing fingers for no big deal either way!! Keep us updated. T&Ps!!
  • Options
    Well, now I am in l&d :( waiting to get a scan. Husband wanted me to call my doc and she said to go in now.
  • Options
    Keep us posted! Sorry your dealing with this tonight. T&P for lil one :)
  • Options
    Prayers that everything is ok.
  • Options
    Ylvelill said:

This is gonna sound strange but...

I had bleeding at 7-8w then again at 13w and today at 18w I just started bleeding again.

I just had an u/s yesterday so no sch which is what they thought was the cause last time.

I am trying not to freak out but well it isn't working. Both times before it ended after a few hours so I guess time will tell if this is the same.

Update: just got back home from l&d. Babies are okay but I have a 3cm SCH (Subchorionic Hemorrhage) and will have to rest for a while in hopes it clears up. Going back to see the MFM ob early next week.

Thank you all for the t&ps :)

Rest up I was diagnosed with this about 11cm week 10 and have been bleeding super heavy ever since! Heavier than a period my doc says there isn't anything I can do to prevent it or fix it (very hard to hear as a mom) but I just need to take it easy mine also comes with labor like pains and a warm bath helps... Feel good and ask for help when needed... Are you feeling the baby move yet? I know that was a relief for me so I wasn't running to dr everytjme I was non stop bleeding ... The hematoma can reasorb or can continue to bleed feel good
  • Options
    Sounds like some sort of breakthrough bleeding. T&Ps for you. And yours. Hopefully everything is okay.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Okay so SCH ISN'T a good thing :( . I'm SO grateful you and the babies are ok. Praying it clears up quickly!!
  • Options
    @JAMPUP - no, silly babies are hiding behind one if the placentas so no movement feelings for me.

Yeah I am on pelvic rest now and modified activity :( at least my bleeding is fairly light so far and the cramping is just period like.
  • Options
    thinking of you @Ylvelill...hope it resolves quickly!!

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    @ylvelill sounds about right!! It can be scary glad to hear babies are all good!! Feel good
  • Options
    @ylvelill glad you got an answer!  Maybe the "consistency" in the timing of the bleeding you were seeing just happened to coincide with you exerting yourself more and you didn't realize it.  Hopefully the pelvic bedrest will do its trick (I've been on it for 4 weeks now because of a low placenta...I know it's best for baby, but I'd really love some sex.).
  • Options
    I'm a little late here, but glad everything is ok with you and babies!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @ylvelill I'm glad that you were able to get some answers. I'll be thinking of you and hope that it clears up quickly.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    So glad to hear they figured out what it was!

IVF1: 2/2/2013 - ectopic
    FET1: 11/13/2013 - BFP! TWINS!
    L U/S: 1/27, Babies measuring 14w3d
    Graduate from RE: 1/27
    EDD: 7/31/2014

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thinking of you and hopefully everything clears up soon. Rest up mamma!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image
  • Options
    Hope it clears up!! Take it easy!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    kmawbkmawb member
    edited February 2014

Fingers crossed that the SCH clears up and there are no further appearances of it!

ETA: I had a 5-6cm SCH diagnosed at 6w3d, it had reduced in size to ~3cm by 8w3d and completely cleared by my a/s at 18w2d.  Hope yours does the same!

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"