December 2013 Moms
Options

Baby book

Have you been keeping track of everything? What are you including in your baby book? I'm currently working on mine.

Re: Baby book

• Options
    Mine is things I think LO would appreciate when she gets older. Handprints, footprints, my thoughts at the time, all her firsts, pics. Its hard for me to write exact times for her firsts because it's all a gradual process. Like the first time she STTN. What is considered STTN? Her stretches of sleep just slowly get longer.

I am using the Lluch baby journal and filling in as I go. I would love to make my own scrapbook but I just don't have the time.
  • Options
    I save weird items like the bandaids from the 2 month shots. The sticker her sister picked her out at that appointment. Plus things that are more normal like birth announcement, foot prints and so on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been trying, but I know I am slacking some. I really need to get photos printed and put in there! We have a store bought book, so I just fill in the blAnks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had scrapbooked one before he was born. I have a page for each major holiday. Some pages for big firsts like tub time, teeth, food, sitting, crawling, walking. Then a spot for a picture each month. A page to write any measurements from appt. the pics might not be from the first time he does stuff but I'm just going to write roughly around when it was or when the pic was taken! FTM so I'm sure any future kids will be lucky if pics get developed lol. I've also saved any birth announcements from the paper and a copy of our shutterfly birth announcement. Wow.. I just realized I've saved A LOT.. lol
  • Options
    Oh and I wrote up how labour/hospital stay was and have pages for pics from the shower and with each grandparent/aunt/uncle (these pics are from their first time meeting)
  • Options
    I have a baby book which is easy to keep up with, just finish the sentences. Someone told me a cool idea about making an email for LO and sending pics or little notes to it for them to read when they are older, so I may do that to keep up with all the little things.
  • Options
    @katieh704, my DH just told me before bed a few hours ago about the email for LO! I thought it was such a cute idea! We may start that!

I got this awesome baby book from etsy that I'm using, it has month by month milestones, sizes, important moments, special things she did, appointments, room for pictures etc. it's the best! I also scrapbook so she's gonna have like 10 books! I did a pregnancy book with pictures of my growing belly and notes in it too so I have a lot!! Hopefully I can keep up with it!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options
    BoothBaby said:
    I have been trying, but I know I am slacking some. I really need to get photos printed and put in there! We have a store bought book, so I just fill in the blAnks.
    We have a store bought one too. Honestly, it was mostly focused on the birth, so I'm pretty much done until DS starts solids or goes on vacation. 
    Hooray for the Phillies!
  • Options
    katieh704 said:
    Someone told me a cool idea about making an email for LO and sending pics or little notes to it for them to read when they are older, so I may do that to keep up with all the little things.
    I use this website,  AskMeEvery. You can automate it to send an email everyday asking you any question.  My question is, "what was the highlight of your day with LO?" All you do is reply to the email when it comes in, and the website keeps track of your responses.  It's a super easy way to capture the little stuff. 

I wanted to do the email thing too, but DH informed me that a boy would not appreciate years of sappy notes from his mom. The joys of having a boy...
    Hooray for the Phillies!
  • Options
    Umm I haven't even started one for A and probably won't :( #secondbabyproblems

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • Options
    We just found our 16 yo's baby book and went through it together and it was so sweet. I kept it from birth to age 5, with pictures, description of birthday parties. There was her umbilical cord, hospitals brackets, a balloon saying "it's a girl" and some $2 bills from her great grandfather who had passed.
    I am pretty currently on this LO's book as well. I say keep it up because it was so fun to go back and look together at the price of gas, milk and postage stamp back then as well as other stuff.

Plus the oldest and the youngest birthdays are only a day apart so it is interesting so see if this one is on the same track as her oldest sister.
  • Options
    I have a calendar I keep in the kitchen that I jot things down like "we had lunch with your uncle", "first smile" etc. I do have a book with all the milestones but I haven't spent much time on it.
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Options
    I'm such a slacker. Facebook is pretty much my boy's baby book.

• Options
    I used a store bought baby book for Ds1 so I went out and bought the same one (different color) for DS2. I am determined to give them both completed baby books. My parents made one for me and got one for my brother. You can see that they just filled it in with all the same information from my book. It's all the exact same. Lol poor little brother. Also my husband is a second and I have a handful of photos of him as a child. I am working hard to take just as many photos of 2.
  • Options
    I have done a pretty good job keeping up with it. I added a bunch of pictures, the only thing I'm not keeping track Of are his appointments. Too many and honestly who cares lol. I will be covering that page with pictures prob of each month. I do like in our book there's a paragraph each month to were whatever you want about what happened.
  • Options
    I brought mine to the hospital and staryed working on it. We also have a calendar to write down special days. In the baby book there are sections for both H and I to fill out about when we first found out and a letter we each wrote to hin while I was in labor first pictures,first family picture,family tree, gas prices, milk prices, other current events, 1sts section and a bunch of other things. On the foot print page I do a foot print every monthand Ill do that til 1yr. There is also a pocket in the back for "special" things Ive put sonogram pics,hospital bracelets,bills,and the cards they give us as well ness checks with weight,length and head circ. I keep it in a small cedar chest which I plan to keep favorite toy etc in. The only things in there now are him baby book, a picture book I made with all of his special family(including
    family that has passed on), and the outfit we brought him home in. I was a 2nd child as well and promised myself to do the same for all my children.
  • Options
    I have a box for keepsakes and a big blank art journal where I write to her occasionally.  I'm not keeping track of everything, but I'm writing down places we've gone together, notes from this ridiculously cold winter, and pasting in photos.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"