Breastfeeding

Milk consistency

I've noticed that my morning pump is a lot more 'watery' looking that my other pumps throughout the day. Has anyone else noticed that? Is it because I'm not eating though out the night so I'm not producing the fat in the milk?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Milk consistency

• Oh wow. That's interesting. Our bodies sure can do amazing things for our babies.
  • Ok so I have a follow-up question. My DD eats from one side in the morning and I pump from the other side right after. I get enough for her first bottle of the day from that pump. Should I mix that milk with other milk that has more fat in it? Because she is getting basically the watery milk for her first two meals of the day then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok so I have a follow-up question. My DD eats from one side in the morning and I pump from the other side right after. I get enough for her first bottle of the day from that pump. Should I mix that milk with other milk that has more fat in it? Because she is getting basically the watery milk for her first two meals of the day then.

Well if you weren't pumping your DD would likely be emptying that breast at her next nursing session, getting a similarly thin milk. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Good point. Thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"