FFFC

Fess up!

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• 4PrivetDrive4PrivetDrive member
    edited February 2014
    A friend of mine lost a bunch of weight before her wedding. She worked really hard and struggled with a trainer for nearly a year to get to where she wanted to be. She was so much healthier than what she was in college, and became dedicated to living a healthier life and actually had a pretty inspiring FB page/blog thingie. 

Then she got hooked on Shakeology and EVERYTHING turned into trying to get other people to sign up for it or sell it. It is clearly no longer about the weight loss and being healthy, now she is just into the money that she makes selling it. Even removing all the information about how she used a trainer from her page, claiming it was ALL Shakeology. 

Anyways, she is pregnant and has not posted a single thing about her pregnancy. And she is an AW. So I'm guessing she doesn't want her potential customers to see that she is failing at keeping the weight off while pregnant. And I think that is sad, because she would be interesting to follow while talking about weight management and pregnancy.  And of course I side-eye the fact that she is just after the money now and is being misleading about her weight loss with the trainer. Pretty lame FFFC, but it has been bugging me. Ok, really it is just a vent, I guess. 
    :D

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• Loading the player...
  • A friend of mine lost a bunch of weight before her wedding. She worked really hard and struggled with a trainer for nearly a year to get to where she wanted to be. She was so much healthier than what she was in college, and became dedicated to living a healthier life and actually had a pretty inspiring FB page/blog thingie. 

Then she got hooked on Shakeology and EVERYTHING turned into trying to get other people to sign up for it or sell it. It is clearly no longer about the weight loss and being healthy, now she is just into the money that she makes selling it. Even removing all the information about how she used a trainer from her page, claiming it was ALL Shakeology. 

Anyways, she is pregnant and has not posted a single thing about her pregnancy. And she is an AW. So I'm guessing she doesn't want her potential customers to see that she is failing at keeping the weight off while pregnant. And I think that is sad, because she would be interesting to follow while talking about weight management and pregnancy.  And of course I side-eye the fact that she is just after the money now and is being misleading about her weight loss with the trainer. Pretty lame FFFC, but it has been bugging me. Ok, really it is just a vent, I guess. 

I could have written this myself about a 'friend'. She already had a baby and wants another one and just quit her job (coworker) and is all this talk about how much she makes doing Skakeology. HOWEVER, she is still 50lb overweight and is a 'beachbody' coach. I don't claim to be tiny nor a 'beachbody' for others to aspire to but I'm a average/small body and I would NEVER try to be a coach for this while she is no where near an aspire to-be beach body.

There is more there but I hid her posts on Fb and then a week later after seeing my first bump photo on Fb she unfriended me.

• I am about to give up eating out and going to target for 3 months. I am more nervous about this than I am about giving birth.

I did not have a particularly pleasant birth experience with DS and I can say that giving up Target for 3 months sounds worse!

• I'm so tired of being cold. We went to AZ last weekend and it was glorious. Just give me 60 degrees. That's all I need right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • One of my HS students posted this GIF in her discussion post online in response to another student. I laughed really hard! I gave her full credit but told her to write an original response, too.image

• My sister called last night to let me know she's pregnant with her 4th child! I am extremely happy for her and her husband but I am also a little sad because I know she is going to steal the "spotlight" from me. This is our first child and I don't have to be the center of attention in anyway but I wanted this to be special for my husband and I. My sister can be extremely selfish and sometimes only cares about herself. I'm really hoping she just remembers that this is our first child. Again, I'm so happy for her, I really just worry about her and the way she will act over the next 5 months. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My sister called last night to let me know she's pregnant with her 4th child! I am extremely happy for her and her husband but I am also a little sad because I know she is going to steal the "spotlight" from me. This is our first child and I don't have to be the center of attention in anyway but I wanted this to be special for my husband and I. My sister can be extremely selfish and sometimes only cares about herself. I'm really hoping she just remembers that this is our first child. Again, I'm so happy for her, I really just worry about her and the way she will act over the next 5 months.

--Stuck in The Box---

a couple of my SILs went through this SIL1 tried for years to get pregnant. When she was finally comfortable announcing SIL2 announced that she as pregnant with her second that she got pregnant with literally 4 months after she had her first.
    Granted SIL2 was really nice about it. But I think SIL still felt like her thunder was stolen.
    But now both kids are so close (they were born less than a month apart) They are best friends.

tl;dr I'm not going to flame you for feeling like your spotlight was stolen.

Mom  to S-07/22/10 & Q-12/14/11 L-8/23/14

• I just was driving to school to take a class. And for the first time this entire pregnancy 14 weeks I knew I was gonna puke. Obviously with nothing to puke in I had to hold it in until I could pull over. Nastiest taste I've ever encountered. And now I have to take my test with puke breath and pray it doesn't happen again. Ugh.

• A friend of mine lost a bunch of weight before her wedding. She worked really hard and struggled with a trainer for nearly a year to get to where she wanted to be. She was so much healthier than what she was in college, and became dedicated to living a healthier life and actually had a pretty inspiring FB page/blog thingie. 

I'm pretty sure all those shakes (shakeology, advocare, etc) really dangerous for preglies too. Yikes.

They are not safe for pregnant women. My SIL is a RD and researched the ingredients for me and there are several that are not safe for consumption while pregnant. I think there is something on the shakeology website about not safe for pregnancy too.

My brother uses it and said it made him feel better, but I think it's more because he is getting vitamins and minerals he doesn't usually get. He's an awful eater. He did lose a few pounds when he first started using it, but again says that's because he was balancing out his diet more than anything else.

• I'm at a conference this weekend. Currently listening to the most mind numbing talk from our board of directors etc, about finance crap bylaws.
    My coworker & I only opted to sit through it for the free hot buffet breakfast lol. Pretty sure we're sneaking out in a moment...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm hoping I have to wait awhile for my OB appointment this morning.  I want some time to read in the waiting room.

Last week at my dentist appt. they got me right in, I was disappointed.  

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• lckcdc3 said:
    Samoas for breakfast

I thought you were talking about Indian samosas (the deep fried vegetable pastry) for breakfast, and I thought damn...I want some samosas
    I didn't know she wasn't talking about samosas until you pointed it out!...I think that's on the lunch menu now :)
  • I've never had bacon because I don't eat pork.
    My husband has a mental allergy to peanuts. He has never eaten a Snickers bar as a result.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know what AW means, and have been too lazy to look it up.
  • I don't know what AW means, and have been too lazy to look it up.

AW = Attention Whore
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017

Because of religion or personal conviction?

I am allergic to pork but I can eat ham and bacon because apparently when they cure it, it fixes the allergen for me. Super weird but I'm glad because bacon.

My husband doesn't eat pork (religious reasons) so we don't buy/cook it. And...I DON'T miss bacon. Shocking, I know. Now, I do order and inhale pepperoni pizza when he's not with me.
  • My FFFC confession is lame, but here goes. We are in CanCun at an all inclusive resort this week. I'm ready to go home because I'm tired of being surrounded by drunks while I'm sipping on water. This girl wants a big ole Piña Colidia! (I am enjoying some R&R though).
  • I would be furious if H woke me up at 5am for sex. I'm more of an afternoon delight kind of girl.

FC: Part of me regrets announcing my pregnancy, because now my best friend only walks to talk about my pregnancy. "What are your cravings? Have you been sick? Are you having a gender reveal party!?"

She has been wanting a baby for years and her H keeps putting it off, so I know she's living vicariously through me, but I kinda wish she would back off a little bit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

I hate bacon. Ick.
  • Part of me really hopes my next child will be another girl for 2 purely selfish reasons that I feel horrible for thinking, let alone posting......

1-  Growing a wiener has made me much more sick for a much longer period of time than I was with DD.

2-  I have sisters and I really want my DD to have a sister because I love, adore and rely on mine so much!

I am SUPER excited about having a little boy.  I have all nephews and they are a riot and a freaking blast.  So I can't wait to have a boy of my own.  But this vomiting business and constant nausea is seriously sucking the life and energy out of me.

Live the life you love/Love the life you live!

• lckcdc3 said:
    Samoas for breakfast

I thought you were talking about Indian samosas (the deep fried vegetable pastry) for breakfast, and I thought damn...I want some samosas
    LOL no, girl scout Samoas.  Probably the complete opposite of a fried vegetable pastry lol.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• My FFFC is probably stupid, but here goes.. Last night H just kept drinking and drinking. I finally told him he was getting too aggravating (he's a talkative and lovey drinker) so he would stop. He really wasn't aggravating, I just was mad because I couldn't drink with him.

• I'm especially looking forward to going back east to see family because I know I'll be spoiled. It will be nice to have two weeks of actual relaxation. Only reason I get kind of nervous is because I'll be missing 10 days of work.
    Baby Maloney due 8-3-14!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• My FFFC confession is lame, but here goes. We are in CanCun at an all inclusive resort this week. I'm ready to go home because I'm tired of being surrounded by drunks while I'm sipping on water. This girl wants a big ole Piña Colidia! (I am enjoying some R&R though).
    I have started to avoid happy hours because I am tired of watching others drink.
    Pregnancy Ticker

I'm pretty sure all those shakes (shakeology, advocare, etc) really dangerous for preglies too. Yikes.
    They are not safe for pregnant women. My SIL is a RD and researched the ingredients for me and there are several that are not safe for consumption while pregnant. I think there is something on the shakeology website about not safe for pregnancy too. My brother uses it and said it made him feel better, but I think it's more because he is getting vitamins and minerals he doesn't usually get. He's an awful eater. He did lose a few pounds when he first started using it, but again says that's because he was balancing out his diet more than anything else.

----STUCK IN THE BOX-------

I have no idea if she is still taking them while she is pregnant, but I hope not. Although I am fairly certain that if you were to ask her if they are safe, she would tell you yes...if I remember from a post she made. I had to un-follow her page because I couldn't stand it anymore. 

Also I'm lol'ing hard @MollyHooper, at 
    Eta: if it is for religious reason I get it. but if it's because you think bacon will taste like a pork chop then I need to bring you bacon immediately.

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"