March 2014 Moms

Well, this kinda sucks

Had my weekly appointment today and my OB told me she'll be out of town Sunday-Thursday. I'm due next Friday. I'm sure it will be fine and I'll probably go a little past my due date... And even if not it won't be the end of the world if someone else delivers my baby.

But gosh darnit, I really like and trust my doctor and it does make me a little nervous. Just a little. She basically told me to take it easy this week and wait for her to get back. :P

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 

Re: Well, this kinda sucks

• That sucks, hopefully she is back in time to deliver. If it makes you feel any better, my OB probably won't be delivering our baby. The OBs in the area do a rotation so there's only a 25% chance I will have him for the delivery.
  • I go to a group practice where I could have a different OB deliver every day! Just squeeze hard until she's back! J/k
    March Siggy Challenge .. What I miss the most during pregnancy

image  image
       Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited February 2014
    Well lil sassy flats will just have to stay put until she gets back ;)
  • That would stress me out a bit. I LOVE my ob (it's pretty well known that if he's out of town when one of his patients goes into labor, he usually heads back to the hospital) Hopefully if you're able to take it easy until she's back in town, she'll be there for your delivery. Try not to stress too much :)
  • I feel you. I'm at a group practice so no one midwife is "mine," but I have become particularly attached to one of them and am super bummed every time I ponder the fact I only have a 1/3 chance....

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm another one with rotating docs, so it's a toss up who will deliver. And, like you, my dr is out of town almost my entire 39th week! Kind of stinks, for sure. Just keep your legs crossed for the next week, ok? ;)
  • Yeah, no long walks for me just yet!

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Your luckier than I. Unless I go this weekend I will have a diff OB delivering. Even if it's during the work day it's the on call doc who delivers.

• I go to a group practice too with 7 doctors. I have built up a great relationship with 3 of them, and the one I'm scheduled to have my c section with I have never met. I get week 38 to try to get at least 1 appointment with her.

• I feel you. I'm at a group practice so no one midwife is "mine," but I have become particularly attached to one of them and am super bummed every time I ponder the fact I only have a 1/3 chance....

Good luck!

I'm the same only its 1/6 of a chance. :( I'm going to be so bummed if she's not on call. Hopefully you can keep that baby in until she's back or maybe go early next week! ;)
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • I am in the same boat with the rotating docs. I scheduled my c-section with the one I really like and have seen the most. I am trying for a vbac and all but one Dr has been very supportive of it. I am hoping if I do go on my own I don't end up with her, I am sure she will try to push me to a section.

I hope your LO holds out until she's back!
  • My OB is one of 11.
    My OB is currently on vacation, returning early next week.

Last baby was delivered by a different OB, but he was really nice. (I wouldn't mind if he delivered this LO too.

I have had a couple appointments with a female OB that buddies up with mine. She's a nice lady too.

And my OB is hoping to be there for either my c-section, or my natural labour breech delivery (because she will deliver that way, but the other OBs won't)
  • My doc is away this week! But I think he should be back any day now becus I see him Monday morning..sad I don't have my baby in my arms yet but unless I give birth today I'll probably have him!
  • cdnmommacdnmomma member
    edited February 2014
    My edd is sunday and my OB is away for the next week and a half. I never got too attached though because they work in a team of 17. 1/17 not good odds she'd have been there anyway.
  • See, my OB has also been my GYN for years. I'm sure if someone else delivers my baby it will be fine, but I am nervous since I'm going med-free and she has been so supportive of that. She's very calm and has a fantastic bedside manner. She also routinely checks up on her patients every few hours during labor... She doesn't just come in to "catch."

She also agreed to use episiotomy, vacuum extractor, etc only as a very last resort... And to do perineal massage to try and reduce tearing. I am really comfortable that having her deliver would give me an easier recovery than if I had some other OBs.

Anyway, it'll be fine. But I'm still going to keep my legs crossed and hope baby isn't an early bird. Just when I decided I was okay with "any day now," too!

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"