November 2014 Moms
Options

Caffeine free soda?

I've cut back to one cup of coffee in the morning and am going to try to switch that to decaf.  What are your thoughts about caffeine free soda?  I am a major Coke Zero addict and am now drinking the caffeine free version...?  Artificial sweeteners I've heard are not good?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Caffeine free soda?

• Options
    I'm avoiding artificial sugar completely, I haven't been a soda drinker in years though. You may want to look into zevia, it's a soda sweetened with stevia. I'm not sure there is much research as to the safeness of it with pregnancy. I would ask you dr for his/her thoughts

TTC #1 Since January 2013 - BFP 2/20/14 - EDD 11/2/14
    Surprise it's twins!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm, that's interesting! I drink a lot of crystal lite in my water. I am assuming I should cut back on that due to the artificial sweetener, eh?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone is going to find a the happy median that works for them. My friend is 26 weeks and she started buying fragrence-free, parafin-free, etc. shampoo and soap. She also says I shouldn't paint (she knows I have been DIYing our fixer-upper) where as my doctor says it's fine as long as the space is well ventilated.

Good luck to all of us trying to navigate the complicated realm of "allow/Not allowed" that is pregnancy!
    :P
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    I drink a 2liter a day of diet coke/dr pepper, so cutting out was impossible. Caffeine is my crack. I just tried to keep it around 200mgs a day. My doc had no issue with this. 

:bored lurker from july13:: 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    From what I've read the biggest harm with diet soda comes from how MUCH you drink not simply that you drink it. 

It sounds like with many things in pregnancy, the key is not to overdo it. 
    This! Too much soda, of any kind, isn't good. A little caffeine is not going to hurt things - don't worry about having a cup of something a day! IMHO, over thinking what you are eating is stressful and pointless.

~O)  This is not medical advice and is for entertainment purposes only  ~O)
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I drink Izzie Esques, which are the lower calorie version of Izzie sodas. They're pretty nice and give me the fizzy kick when I want a soda. They're not very sweet (which I like, but can take some getting used to); when I started off with them I'd pour them in a cup and add a packet of Nectresse/Monk Fruit sweetner and they were perfect

If you're wanting to keep things lower calorie but still sweet and not artificial-sweet, the monk fruit sweetners are very very nice. :)
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"