February 2014 Moms
Options

Hospital/insurance WWYD?

slwprincessslwprincess member
edited February 2014 in February 2014 Moms
Got my itemized hospital bill for my RCS. Luckily, I have great insurance and my entire copay was only a couple hundred dollars out of the $20k bill. But here's my delima... They included a $2k + charge for a L&D room that we never used. They also charged us $1500 for a pre/post op room which we DID use. Should I call and ask them to remove the charge for the LD room? I know insurance covers it all but this crap bugs me!

Re: Hospital/insurance WWYD?

• Options
    If you have time to call go ahead. But if it is not going to make a difference in what you pay and you get busy with all the kiddos then it's fine!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    I would call, this is one of my peeves! I love that you actually took time to go over the bill :) a phone all won't hurt and u may get an explanation that you didn't think if... Ie: it's billed that way but is actually meaning this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call. I had a similar issue with insurance for my cerclage procedure. They billed as inpatient, and then I got a $300 'penalty' for not precertifying. The procedure was outpatient... Came in to hospital 8am, left by 5pm... So precertification shouldn 't have been necessary. After about 3 months of weekly phone calls, they rebilled and got it right!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    My insurance gives me back a percentage of billing mistakes as a reward for finding stuff. BCBS. Maybe yours does, too?
    Samuel Joseph born 1.11.14. 37 weeks.
  • Options
    JoCountry said:

My insurance gives me back a percentage of billing mistakes as a reward for finding stuff. BCBS. Maybe yours does, too?

I do have BCBS. So do you call them first or the hospital?

• Options
    I do have BCBS. So do you call them first or the hospital?
    I don't know how it works, but I remember reading it in the small print somewhere in my benefits info from work this fall. Hope it applies to you, too!
    Samuel Joseph born 1.11.14. 37 weeks.
  • Options
    I'd totally call if I had the time. That kinda crap pisses me off. Fx you get a reward for finding the error.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"