Stay at Home Moms

No poo and professional haircuts?

What do you do when you get your hair cut? One the one hand about 95% of why I bother to get my hair cut is the amazing head rub/wash. But in the other hand I am seeing the light at the end of the transition tunnel & would hate to ruin it for 10 minutes of getting massage.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: No poo and professional haircuts?

• So I asked y'all and then I googled (which is my normal order of finding things out) and Google told me to ask for a sulfate free shampoo. Do you know anything about that?
  • I went through a lot of funky ass hair days to get here (4 weeks, to be exact), so I'm just covering my bases. I do love a good head rub though so maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well it's not for another 2 weeks and I can tell and feel my hair looking less funky, so hopefully by then I will be totally done. @nowababy, take the plunge! I'm already seeing better texture and no dandruff which I have fought for15 years.
  • catycate said:

Well it's not for another 2 weeks and I can tell and feel my hair looking less funky, so hopefully by then I will be totally done. @nowababy, take the plunge! I'm already seeing better texture and no dandruff which I have fought for15 years.

What system do you use? I've been thinking of trying it. I already only wash my hair 1-2 times a week so it shouldn't be a huge transition. The no dandruff thing intrigues me since I've had issues. We live in a dry area with hard water- not sure if that makes a difference.
    I just use 1 tablespoon of baking soda to a cup(ish) of water and the same for the apple cider vinegar and I use about 1/4 of the bottle every time I "wash" I do it every other day or every third day bc I have some serious night sweats and it stinks. I just added EO to my hairbrush for that though so hoping to stretch it out. No idea about the hard water thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"