December 2013 Moms

Spinning baby

So LO has slept last two nights in his cot without his arms wrapped. He did 9hrs last night and just woke at nearly 8hrs tonight which is great. But at midnight the alarm went off. He seemed ok I think it went off because he wiggled off the sensor mat. I put him to sleep as recommended at the end of the cot, and by morning he's sideways. Last night he'd started to turn and face the other end of the cot. I'm sure moving the mat up a bit will help it not set the alarm off but just curious if anyone else's baby wiggles themselves round when they sleep

Re: Spinning baby

• I've read that a lot of babies move like crazy in their sleep and it's actually helping them to develop their muscles and motor skills. Which is why it's often recommended to stop swaddling around 4 months.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Thanks :) he's definitely happier arms out. He was doing big 8-9he sleeps a few weeks ago then it all stopped and he was waking every few hrs. I read that at this age being swaddled actually disturbs their sleep. He's certainly getting a work out
  • Loading the player...
  • Giuliana is wiggling all over the place. She's usually in a different spot of the co-sleeper every time I check at night. 
  • Archer is still sleeping in the basinette but during the day in the play pen I've noticed him turning. I put him down with his head at one end and then he somehow wiggles himself to the side! He's 8w
  • My little guy has been turning 90 degree angles for a few weeks but now he's starting to turn on his side.  He's 12 weeks old and wears a sleep sack to bed (crib).  It doesn't even wake him up, thankfully.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Caught him on the monitor, looks likes he's breakdancing :) no wonder he seems to need more sleep during the day now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"