Breastfeeding
Options

Low supply consistently

Hi all- I have 7 week old twin boys and am frustrated by the amount I am pumping. I am 80% formula feeding and 20% breast milk mostly brought pumping. I want to increase the nursing and lower the pumping eventually but having a hard time with two. I am only pumping 1-2 oz tops per session. I am drinking, eating oats, and pumping every 3-5 hours. Any ideas? I went to an LC and after 5 minutes one baby got an ounce and a half do I know they are drinking ok when they nurse, just not getting much when pumping
Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
Clomid + Trigger x2; 
IUI + Femara x1,
IUI + Follistim x2;
IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: Low supply consistently

• Options
    You aren't pumping often enough. 

When my DS was that age, he was eating every 1 to 2 hours (at the breast). 

EPs will tell you to pump every 2 hours during the day and every 3 hours during the night. 

Kelly mom has some good info on how to increase supply: https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/low-supply/

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    You should rent a hospital grade pump as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! Ugh- I was afraid I would have to pump more often lol. I hardky have time now to do what I am doing so will have to figure out a new way. Appreciate the replies !
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I'll start with a disclaimer that I've never true to nurse twins and have a hard time pumping, but I'll throw in my two cents.

Rent the hospital grade pump. On a day when you have  lot of help (SO has a day off, family or friends are around), stay in bed with plenty of water and lactation friendly foods. Binge watch your favorite shows on DVD or Netflix or listen to audiobooks. Your helpers will feed the babies formula or expressed milk while you power pump. When you are ready to nurse, have helpers bring you one or both babies. Be sure to nurse or pump at least every two hours. Repeat this day when possible.

Don't forget lanolin or the nipple aid of your choice. Once your supply is well established, find a different babysitter and enjoy a night out with your helpers. Indulge in an adult beverage or two if you wish (look up safety recommendations first).

And. If it doesn't work out, remember that some breast milk is better than none.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"