May 2014 Moms

Social groups?

Has this been discussed already? I accidentally clicked on the June 14 board and saw this (guess M14 didn't get the announcement)... Thoughts? I can see how it could be both a good thing and a bad thing..

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12273129/coming-soon-social-groups
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Social groups?

• I feel like this a internet "mean girls" waiting to happen. We wear pink on Wednesdays.
  • Loading the player...
  • danabsddanabsd member
    edited February 2014
    I think it's the worst idea TB has ever had.  #2 especially is a recipe for disaster, #1 is just an unmoderated group and #3 is just an off board FB group.  

My biggest concern:  What's to stop someone from posting peoples personal information like the cray who started the FB group and then posted screen shots?  No moderation, in #2 you can't even respond.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  

• danabsd said:
    I think it's the worst idea TB has ever had.  #2 especially is a recipe for disaster, #1 is just an unmoderated group and #3 is just an off board FB group.  

My biggest concern:  What's to stop someone from posting peoples personal information like the cray who started the FB group and then posted screen shots?  No moderation, in #2 you can't even respond.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  
    I agree, especially considering they say that the groups will not be moderated by TB. What happens if things get out of hand, then, or personal information does get abused? Who is going to be enforcing the TOS that they say still applies?
  • Yeah, I thought it was kind of strange, especially the 2nd option. They should at least have mods or something..

• Sounds terrible and seems like a train wreak waiting to happen.
    image    image

• cnbean said:
    Sounds terrible and seems like a train wreak waiting to happen.
    But is it a train wreck we can all witness for our enjoyment? I guess if it's a private group than no ... so no fun = no point.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • cnbean said:
    Sounds terrible and seems like a train wreak waiting to happen.
    But is it a train wreck we can all witness for our enjoyment? I guess if it's a private group than no ... so no fun = no point.
    I think we can witness option #2.
  • Sounds like a disaster. 

::waits for invites::

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, I thought it was kind of strange, especially the 2nd option. They should at least have mods or something..

Self-nominated mods maybe? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"