January 2014 Moms

Dreamfeeding

Is anyone doing this? Having success? It never worked for my oldest but I was just reading an article where Dr Karp (Happiest Babt author) talks about it leading to STTN sooner.

https://www.parents.com/baby/sleep/issues/advice/
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Dreamfeeding

• We did it with DD. Didn't help her sleep through the night but it did let me sleep several hours before she woke up to eat again. She stayed asleep the whole time. Or mostly asleep. Never had trouble getting her down again. Will do I again this time once I can actually get him to go down before I go to sleep.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Did this with DS1 when he was 7-8 months old. Barely roused him and he instantly wanted to nurse. I don't know if it would work this young, might be better when LO is older.
  • I would consider this except my baby spits up when over fed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just posted this in UO:
    I don't get or buy into dream feeding. I haven't looked into any of the research or studies, but feeding a baby when its not hungry flies in the face of all the counseling i do down the road re: healthy eating habits and childhood obesity. When I need Sleep, I say that is what DH is for.

Is the only benefit sleep for mom? Doesn't outweigh the risks to me.

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• I don't know what dream feeding is but in my experience putting them on a routine schedule works best. My youngest is 6 weeks old and she is currently sleeping through the night as long as I keep her on her timed schedule.

• I did it with my oldest and it worked great. I would give her a bottle at 11 and she'd sleep until 6-7. I didn't start doing it until 4 months though.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • I tried and failed. I think LO has a timer set for 145 no matter what.
  • didn't work for me

just made her mad that I woke her up when she wasn't hungry
    Same here. Once I stopped trying it he slept 7+ hour stretches three nights in a row.
  • didn't work for me
    just made her mad that I woke her up when she wasn't hungry
    I never tried it, but I think it would have this effect on my LO.  She does NOT eat unless she is in the mood, so I don't think it would be successful.
    Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"