December 2012 Moms

Where to put her?

I shower in the morning after getting DD up and feeding her breakfast. She has been in the exersaucer and watches Disney Jr just outside of the bathroom in our room but she is obviously getting too big for that. I have a play room that is childproofed with a TV off of our bedroom. I would like to leave her to play there but worry about when I am actually in the shower and can't hear her out there. Thoughts? What do you do?

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where to put her?

• I try to shower during nap times or before he gets up, given this only works 40% of the time. There's times I've put him in his crib with toys (his room and the bathroom have a connecting door so I can see him and hear him), I've let him play in the bathroom while I showered put he likes to put things in the toilet so that didn't last and if I'm really desperate I let him shower with me. He sits in the tub and just splashes around my feet.
  • I like showering at night, but if I need to shower during the day I wait until it's around nap time I put her in her crib and then I bring the monitor in the bathroom with me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok, maybe I'm the crazy one who actually showers once or twice a week with LO "in play." Sometimes it just doesn't work out to shower during his nap. We've got our bathroom childproofed well (he can't get in the cabinets at all), so I just bring a few special toys that will entertain him for a good 5 minutes (his fisher price remote control - I save it just for this!). He also loves our bathroom scale because it lights up. So he happily plays sitting on the bathroom floor. We have a glass shower door so I can see him the whole time. The most trouble he gets in is unrolling the toilet paper…which is worth a shower, in my book. Maybe he'll surprise me someday…we'll see!
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I usually shower during dd's nap but since I am starting a new job/internship in 2 weeks, I was just thinking about how I am going to get ready in the morning. We plan to babyproof the bathrooms so I can just take dd in there with me and let her play on the floor while I shower... We'll see how this works out. We too have a babyproofed room but I am too nervous to leave her in there alone while I shower. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I try to shower while she is napping, but that doesn't always work out. If she is up, she just brings a few toys into the bathroom and hangs out. Our whole upstairs is child proofed, so she can wander in and out, and it's fine. She generally stays right there though. We have a glass shower door, so we can see each other. In out old house we just had a shower curtain and she liked to pull it back and splash in the water on the side of the tub. She would be drenched every time!
  • Only once showered during a nap. Squeeze in showers every other day when DH is home in the afternoon/ evenings (occasionally will in the am if hair is really bad). DH keeps her entertained, happy & safe. If LO needs me before am done, they'll come & hang out where LO can see & hear me talk to her.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm another night-showerer, though sometimes I'll squeeze one in during naptime. There's no way the two of them won't get into something if I try to shower while they're awake and I'm alone w/ them. :-P
  • I put our FP little People house just outside the bathroom door and that between that and the roll of toilet paper, I'm usually safe to get a 5 minute shower. Plus, once she knows I'm actually in the shower she thinks it's hilarious to pull the end of the curtain back and we squeal at each other. I always leave her in her pj's because this little game usually ends up dousing her clothing and my bath mat, but she's safe and happy and I'm clean!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is there are reason you don't shower before she wakes up? DH and I usually wake up at 5:30 and shower before she wakes up. If I had to shower and she was already awake and DH wasn't home I would put her in her crib with some toys and use the baby monitor to watch and listen to her while I was showering.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• I take morning showers before DD wakes up. However on the weekends she is up when I shower. She just plays in the bathroom while I shower. We have a glass shower door so I can see her and she enjoys making faces at me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• I have to shower before DD gets up..she's going through a phase where if Mommy disappears from sight, she must be gone forever so lets pitch the world's biggest hissy fit and maybe she'll come back. DH has tried and she just refuses to be distracted or calmed down- she'll stand and scream at the bathroom door until I come out...so I just save us all the hassle and get up early enough to shower before she wakes up...and if she does wake up while i'm in the shower, DH can usually keep her from figuring out where i am until I finish.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• I shower when DD#2 naps, but we also have a super yard set up in the living room in front of the TV.  It is not her favorite place, but she will go in there with toys while I shower if she is awake.  Usually the other 2 kids are awake and watching a show in the room with her, so she is happier (not happy, but happier!).  When DS was the only one, I would put him in his crib with books and toys.  We also left his pacifier in his crib, so he LOVED it - he got to suck on his binky when it wasn't nap or bed time!  When DD was under 1 and DS was 2, she went in a pnp and he was in the super yard.  That was just for a short time period, then he would sit nicely and watch a show on the couch and she would be in the pnp to watch the show.  To this day, when I say I need to take a shower, they run to the couch to watch a show!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok so this thread inspired me to try the free- range approach on Sunday (DH work day). He was happily playing with a little truck, and then got quiet. When I peeked out, he was over investigating the toilet and swing- lidded trash can. He then read some books.
    When I got out, I asked him, where's your truck? I'm still learning the limits of his vocabulary and comprehension. He looked at me, then at the trash can, then at me. Sure enough, there it was, resting on top of the trash.
    Hmmm. At least it wasn't in the toilet!
    I washed it and disinfected it and put it back in the toy bin.
    Guess I need to relocate the trash can before playtime in the bathroom again! And investigate toilet lid locks..?

Yeah I hear the toilet becomes a very interesting place. DD already flushes it so we are very careful to keep the bathroom door closed. I suspect we have lost a few toys in the kitchen trash.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• I either show in the evening after they have gone to bed or I bring them into the bathroom with me. The bathroom is child proofed, no trash can out and cabinets have kids locks on them. I give them the ipad and they watch something. I do have to worry about DD2 getting into the toilet. It's her favorite thing to put things inside and to also swish her hands in it and then put her hands into her mouth.  :-& 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"