Secondary IF
Options

clomid vs. femara

So, I talked to my doctor about how sick I've been feeling with clomid.  That combined with the fact that Clomid is making my uterine lining thinner have resulted in me getting switched to Femara.  Has anyone else been on both?  Do you feel better on Femara?  I still think we're taking a break from meds next month if nothing happens this cycle, but I'd like to know what to expect.
BabyFruit Ticker
BFP #1 = 9/29/10; Charlie born 6/2/11
BFP #2 = 10/22/12; missed m/c @ 7 weeks 5 days
BFP #3 = 4/15/14; EDD 12/28/14

**Formerly known as MyEggo=Preggo**

Re: clomid vs. femara

• Options
    I've done 8(?) clomid cycles, with a femara one thrown in the mix. I responded better to clomid, and had hot flashes on both. 

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Options
    I am so glad you asked this question!  I am planning to see my OB this month to ask to do Femara for my next cycle and was thinking of posting something similar.  My lining got too thin for implantation when I did clomid, so I was planning to move on to femara but waited a while and ended up conceiving naturally. I want to start with femara now, but have to wean my son first.  That's one thing that stuck out to me, in my research.  The femara stays in your system longer and is not safe while BF'ing.

I'm interested to hear what others say.
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I responded better to Clomid, but was absolutely miserable on it.  I actually only did two rounds of Femara and just never had a strong enough O on it like I did with the Clomid (I'd developed a resistance and was getting blurred vision while I was taking it).  That's when the RE switched me to injections.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hardly responded to clomid and now I am on femera and responding great! Good lining good mucous good follies I have a friend who got the same results as I did. She did three rounds of clomid and on the second round of femera got her BFP. On my second round now in the 2WW....
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"