December 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: Amazon Returns

So a few weeks ago I ordered what I thought was the Belly Book from Amazon (with the rest of my order I was able to get free shipping) when it arrived I realized I ordered the Baby Book instead.  So I just went to put my request in to return it and it went ahead and refunded me but said I could keep the item.  I'm not an Amazon Prime customer so I'm confused- what's this about?  And will they automatically charge me for shipping on my order now since without this book I wouldn't have enough to qualify?

Re: NBR: Amazon Returns

• Options

I'd email their customer service people - They're actually really helpful most times. 

Re: your particular situation, sometimes if it'll cost more to pay the shipping for the return (since it's a free-to-you return) than the cost of the item, they'll just let you keep it since it's cheaper for them overall.  Like, $6 dollars shipping to pick up a $5 item -- Cheaper to just hand you $5 and cut their losses.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I use prime so im not sure but I was thinking along the same lines as Singlemom31, it will cost them more for you to return it than for you to keep it. I doubt they will charge you the shipping now too because it is after the fact. I know some places make you pay for return shipping but since they are letting you keep it then you don't have to worry about that. 

I have had amazon send me someone else's stuff before. It was a random rifle bag or something weird and they just told me to keep it rather than go through the process of returning it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"