Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Post-D&C: No cramps or bleeding normal?

I had my D&C on Monday afternoon.  Immediately following the procedure there was light pink when I wiped, but a pantyliner was all I needed even through the night.  The next day I had a little bit of brown, mucousy discharge, and since then it's just been a bit of yellow mucous.  I've heard so many stories about cramping and bleeding post D&C I am hoping that my symptoms are normal.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  TIA.

Re: Post-D&C: No cramps or bleeding normal?

• I got mine done yesterday. Doc made it sound like I' could be in significant pain as he prescribed me some Percocet. I haven't had any cramping at all and my bleeding is like my normal period on a light flow day. I have a friend who ended a d&c after the birth of her daughter and she said she barely bled. That hers was more of a mucousy discharge as well. I'm sure different bodies react differently to it. I guess I am just grateful I am not in any physical pain.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • I had one yesterday.  A bit of blood right after, but almost nothing since coming home. And no cramping at all. Doc told me anything (other than very heavy bleeding) is normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies!  I was told to expect much worse so I wanted some reassurance that my body wasn't body behaving in a way it shouldn't. Thank you for easing my mind :-)

• I also was expecting worse too. I feel a little generally sore in the insides, but otherwise nothing.  I guess we should be thankful, huh? The emotional healing is definitely the harder part. 
  • I would say just enjoy it!... I'm on Day 9 of bleeding, and very ready to be done. :)
  • I also had a d&c yesterday and so far have had no cramping and very light bleeding. Sorry for all of your losses. Hang in there ladies!
  • 2 days post D&C and I'm sore. Like, muscles are sore in my back and my guts feel, well...I guess they feel like they were scraped.  Go figure. Anyone else have that?
  • @erin215665 yes. My insides felt a little sore today as well (2days post d&c). Not enough to need any pain meds though. I also realized they probably catheterized me (although I never asked and they never told me) because it feels like I'm getting a bit of a bladder infection. So yay to that : :-S
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Everybody has a different experience, because it depends on how much tissue your body retains after the D&C.  In my experience from last year, I remember feeling fine immediately after the D&C, but four days later, I had severe cramping and bleeding.  It turned out that my body needed to get rid of the rest of the clots that it hadn't released before.  This definitely doesn't happen to everyone though.  I am happy that you are having a better experience than I did!  
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• I had mine on a Monday, came home with significant cramping that lasted about 4 hours, with very minor bleeding. I spotted the next two days. Saturday came had had period-like bleeding. Sunday was totally different, massive bleeding, cramping, huge clots. Back to spotting on Monday.
    I became a mother because of adoption. She is the absolute love of my life. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker formerly known as sw_in_kc
  • Pretty sure my soreness is the tension & grief manifesting in my muscles.  Fortunately, no bleeding or cramping still. Massage scheduled for tomorrow a.m.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"