Parenting

TMI Question (heavy periods)

I just saw this sign in the midwife's office. I have known I have a heavier period, but the second and third bullets blew me away.

Do most women really only use three pads or tampons a day? And is it really that strange to do tampon and light pad?

image image

Re: TMI Question (heavy periods)

• Forgot to attach the image...

image image
  • Damn it! Won't attach and won't let me edit!

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • That seems weird. I frequently use more than 3 per day, and almost always back up a tampon with a liner, but never really considered myself to be a super heavy bleeder. 
    image       image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That seems weird. I frequently use more than 3 per day, and almost always back up a tampon with a liner, but never really considered myself to be a super heavy bleeder. 

I know I am heavy, and plan to do something about that at some point... But only three a day? I use like three times that. At least. Three a day blows my mind. That seems low.

image image
  • thetheisensthetheisens member
    edited February 2014
    Aren't you suppose to use more than three tampons a day? Like for sanitary reasons alone. Only changing your tampon or pad three times a day gives me the icks. Sex, no thank you. Yes, I am tired, bitchy, and hangry all at the same time(though this probably affects dh's quality of life more than mine). Yes clots. Really, I feel like most of that shit is normal and not extreme.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I consider my period to be really light and I use 2/3 pads or tampons a day.

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • On the heavier days I definitely go through more than three.  Even on the lighter days I usually change more than that even if I don't NEED to.  I do double up on heavier days but mostly because I'm paranoid. 

And it does impact my sexual activity because I don't really want to deal with all that. 

• I go through a tampon every 1.5-2 hours on my heavy days. I also have clots and cramps so bad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• On day one, I am going thru a overnight pad at least ever 2 hours.  On day 2-5 I could go all day on a regular pad, I don't cause gross, but I could.

Sex, ewwww, no.

Clots, doesn't everybody?
    The Book of Love Has Music in it

• Oh and I'm exhausted and I crave red meat.

I need to get on BC again

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LadyXaverianLadyXaverian member
    edited February 2014
    On heavy days (usually day 1 and/or 2) I probably go through 6 changes, and I double up. Yes to some clots (normal, right??) No to sex even on medium or light days. I don't think I'm more fatigued than usual.

On medium to light days, 3 changes is about right and I don't double up. (ETA: On light days, like PP, I could go all day with one pad, but ew.)

My periods are definitely heavier than they were pre-DD, but I was on BCP for 15 years. I didn't know this was a problem I needed to deal with. 
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• littlestjerrylittlestjerry member
    edited February 2014
    I go through a super plus in like an hour and half to two hours. And use probably 7 or 8 tampons a day. Pads-no, just no. But I do need liners even with a tampon. I'm so jealous of 2-3 a day!

Eta: and no sex. No way, no how.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Pips09Pips09 member
    edited February 2014

I think I have a much lighter than average period. I could easily use one pad a day, maybe two on a heavy day. I change it more often than that, because gross, but not because of the flow. Mine also last about 3 days, sometimes less.

ETA: sometimess I actually worry that it's abnormal to be so light. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• My mom had ablation done but they basically said she can't get pregnant now. Are there different kinds you can get? She no longer has a period. I might get one
    If I don't get a hysterectomy because of endometriosis. My flow is light but I pass quarter or larger clots consistently...that is basically what my period is.

• I use a cup now, but when I was using tampons, I maybe used 3-4 a day.  I would use a liner on my 2 heaviest days.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Answered yes to all but the first. I use ultra tampons now with a pad for backup. My cycles are getting longer though. Most lately have been like 45 days then worse pms hormones than normal. Need to see my gyno. I am also anemic all damn month probably bc of my cycle. I hate my period and it greatly affects the quality of life while on it. I wish clots were only quarter sized lol. When I see my new gyno I'll be discussing everything with her. I would like to have another baby and am 35 so should have time but my cycles worry me. Sorry this is kinda unorganized. Plus mobile. 

• There's meds to reduce bleeding?!? I want some! I hope they help you @estwd2.

• @estwd2 I hope the medicine works!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"