Stay at Home Moms
Options

Is scotchguard safe?

We had the carpet cleaned today. The guy asked if I wanted scotch guarding and I wasn't thinking and said yes because it was relatively cheap. They just left and said it can take 12 - 24 hours to dry completely and we shouldn't wear socks on the carpet because they will soak up the moisture. I don't know what I was thinking, I guess I thought it would dry quickly. DD isn't walking yet, the people said it is okay for her to be on the carpet because it's water based or something. But they're strangers who clean carpets for a living and I take advice concerning DD's safety from strangers who argue on the internet.

Would you try to keep her off it for 24 hours? That means the rest of today and until 2:30 pm tomorrow. We can stay upstairs in the bedrooms or office but it will be hard to entertain her up here for most of tomorrow. Would you take carpet cleaner's advice and let her play? I'll admit, scotchguard kind of freaks me out, I don't want her getting it on her hands from crawling and then licking it off...

Re: Is scotchguard safe?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"