September 2012 Moms
Options

@melody921 - PR type question

@melody921 wondering if you can help me since you're in PR.

Do you know anything about publicists and how that world works?  My husband is a small business owner but his business is growing organically a lot in addition to him adding on a completely new tour this summer so we're wondering if it's worth it to invest in a publicist to get him on some TV shows either locally or nationally - but I assume it costs a fortune and don't know what the structures are like or how to haggle, if one even can.

Feel free to tell me to take a leap and go buy PR for dummies.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: @melody921 - PR type question

• Options
    LMAO at PR for dummies. But honestly, I'm not sure. I started out in journalism and now do PR for a nonprofit, so I am always learning as I go. I have worked with an outside consultant here to help our organization promote some special services. For that, we have paid between $2,000 and $4,000 a month (all grant money), and it hasn't always panned out, since it went to PR, not advertising. I think I'd be inclined to start with advertising, since you get exactly what you pay for. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good point on the advertising.  He does some of that but could surely do more.   He's just such an expert on what he does that I'd love to get him some exposure as the personality behind the tours, but we may have to wait since it seems pricey.  Thanks for the info!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"