June 2013 Moms
Options

How did you do it?

I'm afraid to write it because it's still a work in progress.... LO has been taking 2 naps and sleeping much better at. He has been going down awake too. It's nowhere near perfect yet but an improvement.

He is still waking once though to eat. From what I've read this is acceptable for a bf baby but I really want to drop this feed. How do you do it?

Also he just recently started wanting to comfort feed some nights at this time. So he starts out hungry for sure but then it never ends and he sucks and sleeps for over an hour. I either fall asleep which is bad or he cries and cries when I break him off. This only happens some nights.

Any advice?

Re: How did you do it?

• Options
    kaleyandjasonkaleyandjason member
    edited February 2014
    Is your partner avaliable to help for a few nights? Or even another family member? That's how we did it. Instead of me getting up to put LO back to bed my husband got up with him and was able to soothe him right back to sleep. When I would go in LO would root around and get worked up wanting to comfort nurse. It only took a few night and he will STTN now and when he does wake I'm able to soothe him without nursing now.

ETA: This tip was in The No Cry Sleep Solution. It's a great book!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Is your partner avaliable to help for a few nights? Or even another family member? That's how we did it. Instead of me getting up to put LO back to bed my husband got up with him and was able to soothe him right back to sleep. When I would go in LO would root around and get worked up wanting to comfort nurse. It only took a few night and he will STTN now and when he does wake I'm able to soothe him without nursing now. ETA: This tip was in The No Cry Sleep Solution. It's a great book!
    +1  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"