Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Withholding pee only at daycare

L just turned 3. She has shown signs of being ready for potty training for about a month so we started 2 weeks ago. She does well at home and at grandmas and will tell us when she has to pee (poop is still in a pull up, but ok). Big problem is that she will not for anything pee at daycare. We've tried everything- special fruit snacks as a bribe, bringing her potty ring from home, different teachers bringing her in, going alone, going in a group, turning water on, having mommy try at school, etc. Nothing works and she will hold it all day (even when a pull up is put on for nap time she doesn't go). This is the second week of this holding for 8 hours and I'm very worried that she is going to hurt herself. I've asked her why she won't do potty at school and she says she doesn't know. I called doctor last week and they said to give it time that she will eventually go. But again this is going on 2 weeks and I'm worried. Any advice?

Re: Withholding pee only at daycare

• Options

I just went through the exact same thing with my 3.5 yo DD.  She was 100% potty trained last February and had no problem going at school.  We moved in August and all of a sudden she stopped going at school.  She would go at home all by herself, would go when we were out in public and would also go with me when I would pick her up from school.  It was incredibly frustrating. 

We tried every single thing you did and nothing worked.  I spoke with her doctor about it and she said there is not too much we could do.  She would start again on her own terms.  Sure enough, 2 weeks ago (after 6 long months of not going at school) she decided she would start going.  It has been 2 full weeks of no accidents or crying on the potty that her belly hurt.  I know it is easier said then done when you are in that situation, but try not to stress about it.  I drove myself crazy trying to get into her head and it was somthing I had no control over.  I would especially give it more time since she is so new to potty training.  She will get it when she is ready.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"