Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Daycare Nap Help

Ok, my LO has been going to daycare for about 6 weeks now and and he has only napped once …. he will not nap at daycare. However, at home, he naps. He isn't feeling well and not napping at daycare isn't helping. He doesn't have any pacifiers or blankies or any type of lovey so I don't really have anything to send to daycare with him to help. He sleeps in a crib at home but they sleep on matt type things at daycare so I asked if they could bring in a crib and try that - nope. Didn't help. Anyone else have this problem? He comes home so exhausted. 

Thanks so much! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare Nap Help

• Options

My LO has a white noise machine in his room. When he was having trouble napping at daycare, I asked if I could bring in a battery operated one.

I'm not going to lie, it didn't help him very much...but thought I could make the suggestion. Perhaps just trying to emulate his sleeping conditions at home, as much as possible (I know there is only so much you could do)?

Eats childproof locks for breakfast...image

• Options
    It took my daughter over a month before she was napping consistently at daycare. For the first couple of weeks she barely napped at all. Same situation - she'd nap normally at home and fight it at daycare.

For her it was just an adjustment period. She had to get used to having other kids in the room, new noises, it wasn't as dark as her room, and so on.

Good luck - hopefully he'll adjust soon.

1.0 9/20/12
    2.0 bfp 4/23/16....mc 6/24/16 @11w5d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DD started daycare at 7.5 months..she only started to consistently nap at daycare around 13 months. When she was under 12 months we tried everything to help them out. On wknds I consistently got 2 good naps out of her. We tried noise, music, sleepsacks from home..she was just so stimulated there it made it hard. Around 12 months she started to have a more consistent schedule since she moved from the infant room (with kids 0-12 months) to a toddler room with 4 others (they're all within 2 months of each other).

The teacher was able to get them all on the same schedule with breakfast, snack, lunch, nap. I'm not sure if the age range was too big in her infant room where everyone was doing something different at a different age?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"