December 2013 Moms

UO Thursday

Yesterday was fun, we had some drama. Let's keep it going today! Let out those feelings, ladies.
D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • I'm jealous! I was so excited to get the front loaders, have had them for a few months and I just don't see what the fuss is all about. They look nice, but are totally inefficient!
  • 19goingon3019goingon30 member
    edited February 2014
    I absolutely adore Simon Cowell. The things I would do to him are probably illegal. He's perfect.

Eta: This may or may not be unpopular. Hmph.
  • It really pisses me off when women blame their period for their horrible attitude. You can't just be a total bitch and then say "oh, sorry I'm PMSing" and expect it to be overlooked. You may be more irritable when your on your period but you can absolutely control your attitude.

Can I blame birth control? I'm BSC on it, but I'm BSC pregnant too. I also don't want 50 children.

P.s. I don't realize I'm being a twat, if I'm intentionally being an a-hole then it's clearly not an excuse
  • I can't wait to sleep train. I may be a mean mommy, but I know that when we sleep trained DD1, life got a WHOLE lot easier and better for us all. It's happening pretty soon.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It really pisses me off when women blame their period for their horrible attitude. You can't just be a total bitch and then say "oh, sorry I'm PMSing" and expect it to be overlooked. You may be more irritable when your on your period but you can absolutely control your attitude.

Can I blame birth control? I'm BSC on it, but I'm BSC pregnant too. I also don't want 50 children.

P.s. I don't realize I'm being a twat, if I'm intentionally being an a-hole then it's clearly not an excuse
    I think it's different if you actually don't realize your acting that way. What bugs me is the women who are fully aware they are acting horrible towards someone but don't care because they see PMS as a "free pass."

• I tried watching an episode of Sherlock (the one on PBS) and usually I love all things PBS and Masterpiece but I just couldn't get into it. I thought it was lame and kinda immature. Sorry Sherlock fans. :-/
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I tried watching an episode of Sherlock (the one on PBS) and usually I love all things PBS and Masterpiece but I just couldn't get into it. I thought it was lame and kinda immature. Sorry Sherlock fans. :-/

Ooooooooo!!! You can go now. Lol kidding. It's not for everyone. My H couldn't get into it either.

I actually only think Benny is cute, but love how he plays Sherlock. I lurve his voice more than his looks.
  • MrsP821 said:

yty0205 said:

I can't stand The Walking Dead. DH insists on watching it with my teenaged stepson and all it does is gross me out and give me nightmares. Everyone keeps telling me it's not about the zombies, it's about the storyline and the people, but FFS can't we do without the gory, nasty, skin-falling-off zombie crap? Ugh.

That's the best part of the show! Really though, it's more gory this season than the past seasons, but I'm ok with it.

That's exactly the response my stepson gives me, ha!
  • Merlot > Chardonnay > Pinot Noir > Riesling > Cabernet

This is what I've decided so far as part of my new wine obsession. Moscato is yummy but it tastes like soda and has too many carbs to drink often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lisa1129 said:
    There are parts of ACA that are good and parts that really suck. I really think that the fed govt. should have made sure they had all their crap together before they tried to implement it. 

My UO is I think the government could save the budget by putting more regulations on unemployment and welfare. There are too many people who abuse the system. When my DH was a manager there were people who would come in to his business wearing PJs and ask him to sign their paper saying they were "Actively looking for a job". They never submitted an application nor did they seem interested in actually getting a job. They just wanted someone to sign so they could continue getting their benefits. He would refuse. There are plenty of people who really do need the help, but equally as many people who abuse the system and are parasites on the economy. Those people need to be cut off. If you are able to work and just dont want to then you dont deserve free money at the expense of tax payer dollars.
    Oh goody, we're talking about Skittles for poor people again. I'm sure there is a very small percentage of people who get benefits that they maybe don't deserve, but that number is most definitely not equal to the amount of people who truly need the help.
    Thats why my UO is that they need to revamp it. The people who really need it should certainly get it, but there are a lot of people abusing the system and they need to weed those people out. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @Mmc0323 said:
    I HATE my front loader washer and dryer. Even on the risers they are too short, and when I switch the clothes from washer to dryer half of it falls on the yucky basement floor. It's obnoxious. I want my 1970's top loaders that shook like a mofo back!!
    We recently moved into a house that had fancy front-loaded washer and dryer. We actually switched them out with our old top-loading ones and left the fancy ones at our old house! I hate front-load.

• @sammichcat sorry I guess it's semi-work inappropriate. But oh so yummy!
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.

• MissyC979 said:

Merlot > Chardonnay > Pinot Noir > Riesling > Cabernet

This is what I've decided so far as part of my new wine obsession. Moscato is yummy but it tastes like soda and has too many carbs to drink often.

Moscato is awesome. You take it back!

I love moscato--it's so yummy. However, it has soooo many carbs and I'm trying to diet. The other wines fit into my diet better.

@loolaide -- I'll have to add some more of those to my next shopping list. Also, Chardonnay is my Nana's fave--that makes it cool, right? ;)

• I strongly dislike (very close to saying "hate") breastfeeding. I think if my kid didn't have such wacky BFing habits it would be fine, but I can't break her bad habits. I am not a fan of being naked (sexy time aside) and she takes forever & is frequent so I'm out ALL THE TIME. My reasons for not quitting are: 1) it's free 2) it aids in weight loss 3) it's good for her...but I can't wait until I go back to work and don't have to deal with it as much.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• lisa1129 said:

I tried watching an episode of Sherlock (the one on PBS) and usually I love all things PBS and Masterpiece but I just couldn't get into it. I thought it was lame and kinda immature. Sorry Sherlock fans. :-/

Whaaaaat? Blasphemy.

I'll forgive you as long as you'll concede that Benny is still hot, in spite of your crazy dislike of the show.

Ok, found this. Your point is well made. I would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers.

But his face...blech. Maybe if he stayed at that angle the whole time so I didn't have to look at him straight on...
    :p

• I strongly dislike (very close to saying "hate") breastfeeding. I think if my kid didn't have such wacky BFing habits it would be fine, but I can't break her bad habits. I am not a fan of being naked (sexy time aside) and she takes forever & is frequent so I'm out ALL THE TIME. My reasons for not quitting are: 1) it's free 2) it aids in weight loss 3) it's good for her...but I can't wait until I go back to work and don't have to deal with it as much.
    I'm the opposite I loved BFing (we could never quite get it to work without causing me mucho pain so we gave it up) but I loathe bottle feeding. It's so impersonal, to me it's a chore just like changing his diapers and folding his laundry. BFing was so intimate and personal and I felt like it brought us closer together. But I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

• amberproamberpro member
    edited February 2014
    I don't think it's that big of a deal if moms start solids at 4 months. I've read current research that says after 4 months is fine and won't damage your child. I feel it's more the mom paying attention to the readiness of her child (i.e. eating patterns/changes, tongue thrust). I started DS1 at 5 months. He was ready.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Cookie dough oreos are disgusting. And butterfinger cups are overrated. 

That's right.  I said it.

I'll go one step further: Oreos are gross.

• Cookie dough oreos are disgusting. And butterfinger cups are overrated. 

That's right.  I said it.

I'll go one step further: Oreos are gross.

NOOO! Really you don't like oreos? I love love love the birthday cake ones. If I'm going regular flavor double stuffed is the way to go. I haven't been able to find the cookie dough ones yet.

The mint Oreos are my favorite! If I'm eating regular I eat them with peanut butter. But that's about it. I can't find the cookie dough ones either.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"