February 2014 Moms

Any other preemie moms here?

Hey Ladies,
I know there is a preemie board, but I was just wondering if there are any preemie moms on the Feb. board.  Its been such a rough 1 and a half with our little man in the NICU. I know we are blessed that he is doing so well, but I just want him to be home with us.  It is getting harder and harder to leave him each night.  He is doing well with eating when he does but he just doesnt have the energy to finish each feeding yet.  
Looking forward to talking with other moms who are going through some of the same things.  

Re: Any other preemie moms here?

• Hi! There are a few of us- most of us were active posters beforehand and had our babies early, so technically their birth dates are in December/January and we still hang out here. Many posters here will be able to relate to you and your NICU struggles. :)

Personally I had DS on January 6 at 32 weeks. We were in the NICU for 31 days and he went home on his one-month birthday. We're not yet at his due date.

When did you have your baby? What gestation?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My due date was April 1st and I had my little guy on Feb. 16th at 33 weeks and 4 days. 
    He would be 35 weeks and a day today. 

Congrates on bringing your little guy home, he is a cutie. A month seems like such a long time. Were going on our second week and I am exhusted from going back and forth. 

Tonight was hard because DH has been so strong through all this and he just came home from his feeding and he didn't finish his feeding and he is looking sad and frustrated. 
    Seeing him upset about it makes it tougher. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a preemie mom. Same as Ziggy though. Had him 12/30 at 34 weeks. Was due 2/7. So he's 8 weeks now and 2 weeks adjusted. We were in the NICU for 8 days...so not nearly what a lot of preemie moms go through. We were really lucky.

It was exhausting physically and mentally going back and forth to the hospital several times per day for sure. They will eventually get the hang of feeding, just give him time!

(((Hugs)))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I'm a bit different. I had my little guy at 36 weeks after being on bed rest for 10 weeks. My son is 7 weeks 5 days but adjusted ages would be 3 weeks 6 days. We were sent to the NICU and stayed there for 5 days, then sent home with a bili blanket and had that for 17 days. We also have had weekly doctor visits because we have a potential surgery coming up.
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
  • I'm with the rest of these ladies. LO was born January 10th at 34 weeks +1 day. She was due February 20th so we just passed her due date. We went home after 27 days in NICU but have been back in the hospital since last Monday. Our expected discharge date this go'round is Friday. We've been in the PICU all week until today they moved her to a 'regular room' out on the floor (we're at a children's hospital-she's had a 2nd surgery on her intestines this time unplanned, the first time we knew she'd need it after she was born).

We're not near home so DH & I stayed at a Ronald McDonald House the first time we were here but we've been sleeping at the hospital all week. It has definitely been rough & emotional with everything my little girl has gone through and I can't wait to have her back home.

I should tell you, OP, that this is not "normal" for a 34-weeker. Her daughter had GI surgery shortly after birth and spent nicu time recovering. She is back in the hospital because of complications from the surgery.

• My due date was April 1st and I had my little guy on Feb. 16th at 33 weeks and 4 days. 

He would be 35 weeks and a day today. 

Congrates on bringing your little guy home, he is a cutie. A month seems like such a long time. Were going on our second week and I am exhusted from going back and forth. 

Tonight was hard because DH has been so strong through all this and he just came home from his feeding and he didn't finish his feeding and he is looking sad and frustrated. 
    Seeing him upset about it makes it tougher. 
    33w4d is great- really! It sounds like you're mostly working on feeding issues. How is his breathing? From what my nurses told me, at some point it's like a lightbulb comes on in their head- and they get it! DS was like that- one morning, he just took his whole feeding through a bottle. He couldn't figure it out the day before. It was crazy! He was in his 35th week when that happened so hopefully your LO will have that lightbulb moment soon!

Does your hospital have a support group for parents of preemies? The nicu thing was one of the hardest things I've ever even through, and having the other preemie parents to talk to helped a lot.

• I have a "technical" premee born on 1-7-14 at 35 weeks. We didn't have any extra hospital stay so I have not experienced that, but want to send my hugs to you and all the other moms who have delt with this. It's emotional in itself to have a baby before you expect but then to deal w extra issues can take a toll. We did have some jaundice and are currently dealing w a slight umbilical hernia (which doc felt was due to being premature)

From what I have seen the women on here with nicu baby's are extremely helpful and welcoming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"