January 2014 Moms
Options

Let's talk about poop

slmille4slmille4 member
edited February 2014 in January 2014 Moms
So the past three days LO has been more gassy and her poops seem more watery. She is fine otherwise, not popping an excessive amount and doesn't feel warm and will play normally. We are giving her gas drops. I know infants poop changes as their digestive track changes but does this seem normal to those with older Lo's. She's almost 8 weeks and has her next doc appt next Friday.

Eta: guess I'm looking too for those who have their lo's diagnosed with a digestive problem if this seems familiar and will make a sick appointment before her wellness visit.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk about poop

• Options
    DS is 6.5 weeks and we have days also where his poop will be liquid green, lasting maybe 2-3 days and then it's back to seedy green poo and than more yellow. I'm actually not sure what causes this so I'm not much help but just letting u know your LO is not the only one. I did notice however after his growth spurts my boobs are oversupplying which is a hindmilk foremilk imbalance which LO got more of a green mucousy poop. But after a few days it was back to that yellow seedy crap. I'm interested to see what others say
  • Options
    We were diagnosed with (possible) MSPI last Tuesday. Her poop was green (almost every time) with (sometimes) mucus, (and a few times) blood flecks in her poop.I've eliminated milk/soy from my diet and have seen improvement in her color, mucus, and haven't seen any blood for almost a week. The big symptoms for us to go in were the mucus/blood, not the texture and color.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is 7 weeks tomorrow and I have noticed the same thing. More watery still the yellow seedy - just more liquid. Otherwise she's great. We use gripe water and infant drops as well but that never effected her before so I don't think that's an issue. Her next appt isn't for a couple weeks but please let me know what your pedi says!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!!
  • Options
    DD has a green, watery poop once in a while. I mentioned it to her paediatrician and she wasn't really concerned about it since they are infrequent. 

• Options
    Sounds normal. Their poop will be an array of colors.

• Options
    Sounds normal to me too. Their poop can change based on your diet too if you are BFing. If you eat a lot if greens it can make their poop green.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This sounds very normal to me as well. DS's diapers have been liquidyish yellow/seedy for weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 4/2/13

DS born 12/19/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"