November 2012 Moms
Options

Pain in the ass literally....

Ok this may be tmi... But I sometimes wake up with terrible gas pain. But the pain is rectal pain. It's so bad that my knees buckle. This happens every few months. Then for the next day or two it is painful to sit down or to make certain movements. I'm on my period now and it's almost like my cramps intensify it and bring it on. Is that weird? Anyone else?
It's awful!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
imageimage

Re: Pain in the ass literally....

• Options
    this has happened to me a few times since delivery. I don't know what it means - but I suspect, in my case, it might be a hemorrhoid or the freak show stitch job. I should get off my butt and have it checked out. I'm really gassy during my period, which makes it worse.

So - interesting thing about rectal pain. You have sensory nerves in the first 1-2 cm of anus, after that any innervation that might provide feelings of pain is visceral - usually dull, and almost always general. Sharp pain in the region usually implies something close to the anus. At least, that's my understanding based on a handful of bio courses.

In anycase - if you have the time, I'd head to the family doc have it checked out. It could be something simple to treat. I'm going to try to meet with a doc sometime next week.
  • Options
    I've never experienced that. I would mention it to my doctor just to see if it's something that needs to be checked.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friend calls this the sharp shooting ass pain. No kids yet but gets it!
  • Options
    shella923 said:

My friend calls this the sharp shooting ass pain. No kids yet but gets it!

Seems common! Weird
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"