January 2014 Moms
Options

A late birth story

I'm not super active but do comment here and there and have never shared my birth story but now that DS is 4 weeks old today and things are starting to settle down I thought I would: This was baby #2 for us. (DD is 23 months) My first was an induction after 2 days of regular latent labor contractions that wouldn't become active labor so I wasn't 100% sure what to expect when 'real' spontaneous labor started. I had had random contractions for a couple days and had dialted to 3 cm. Then regular contractions started around 5:00 pm on 1/29 (40 weeks 3 days). My induction had gone quickly with DD so my OB thought this labor would go fast and said I should go in when contractions were 8 minutes apart. I got to the hospital at 11:30 pm. They monitored me for an hour and I was still only 3 cm dialted but the baby was having heart decelarations during every contraction and since I was having regular contractions on my own and was past my EDD they decided to admit me and break my water. 3:00 am they broke my water. I was still only at 3cm. They started pitocin. Around 8:00am I was at 5cm and got the epidural. Then at around 10:00 the baby's heart rate dropped to about 70 bpm so they quickly prepped me for a emergency c-section as a precaution (that was a scary moment). After a couple minutes of moving me around they were able to get his heart rate up so they let me continue with the understanding that if it happened again they would have to get the baby out (which I was my primary concern). Thankfully he didn't have any more trouble. I pushed through 2 contractions and had Charles Elliot at 2:24 pm on 1/30. He was 8 lbs 13 oz and 22" long. (A full lb. heavier than DD!). So my labor wasn't fast and I wouldn't say it was easier the second time around but pushing was much, much quicker and easier. Also, I had a nasty tear with DD and had nothing with DS! So recovery had been very easy although the transition from 1 child to 2 has been very exhausting and challenging. But DS fits perfectly into our family and DD has been really awesome with him so I wouldn't have it any other way. We couldn't be happier! Here is a picture of both my babies and one of just my newest bundle of joy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: A late birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"