Dads & Dads-to-be

When will gOnnabeadad have sex again?

2»

Re: When will gOnnabeadad have sex again?

• @polooo27 we are on our second Clomid cycle.  She gets her shot tomorrow.  Based on projected due date if this is our lucky cycle we will have a Thanksgiving kid.  We will skip next month if we don't get pregnant this month because the way our window is we would have a Christmas day baby.

Then we are planning on using Clomid or equivalent from April through most likely August if we don't succeed by then we will just stop actively trying but I will not get fixed until I turn 50 to give Nature a chance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Wulfgar - My wife did 3 cycles of Clomid. Didn't work. Based on what our fertility doctor told us it makes sense it didn't help. Hopefully it works for you guys. 5% chance of twins too.

• Loading the player...
  • Wulfgar said:
    @polooo27 we are on our second Clomid cycle.  She gets her shot tomorrow.  Based on projected due date if this is our lucky cycle we will have a Thanksgiving kid.  We will skip next month if we don't get pregnant this month because the way our window is we would have a Christmas day baby.

Then we are planning on using Clomid or equivalent from April through most likely August if we don't succeed by then we will just stop actively trying but I will not get fixed until I turn 50 to give Nature a chance.

My wife responded well to Clomid.  We were pregnant within three months of starting that.  It really is a case by case thing.  With the first conception, which ended in miscarriage, we did not use that treatment.  I think the miscarriage threw my wife's cycle off, and that is why clomid was introduced.  Lack of eggs is not the issue with us, her thyroid is, though,  And that can throw off her cycle big time.  clomid helps override that whole thyroid thing.  At least that is how I understand it.

• I had my four month no-sexaversary yesterday!

woohoo!

• Ratpasta said:
    I had my four month no-sexaversary yesterday!

woohoo!

Congrats man, doing anything to celebrate?
  • polooo27 said:
    Ratpasta said:

woohoo!

Besides the obvious?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Hope you've got hbo, and some alone time. The worst is when you need to take care of it on your own and she is always around...
  • Ratpasta said:

woohoo!

Sorry bud. I feel your pain. Hope you are gettin lovin otherwise.
  • polooo27 said:
    Ratpasta said:

woohoo!

yea, went out to lunch and got hammered

woohoo!

Sorry bud. I feel your pain. Hope you are gettin lovin otherwise.
    .....and nope!  see above comment
  • My wife went to the RE today and told her the symptoms from her last dose of Clomid, no more Clomid for us, we are going with another type after we take next month off if we don't get PG this week.  She should get her shot on Saturday or Sunday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wulfgar said:
    My wife went to the RE today and told her the symptoms from her last dose of Clomid, no more Clomid for us, we are going with another type after we take next month off if we don't get PG this week.  She should get her shot on Saturday or Sunday.
    Good luck.
  • Being that this is my third go around with my wife being pregnant, I would say it depends on her and how she feels leading up to birth.  But after birth, 6 weeks was tops, and my wife made sure doctor gave her the go ahead first.  We currently are on a once a week avg, and that because the life of family of four (3 yr old and 16 months) doesnt lend for an abundance of gettin it in! Plus with me working 2 jobs and my wife being a full time grade school teacher, our days are more than exhausting.  But one thing me and my wife and grown to appreciate is wake up sex! Our youngest usually wakes up somnewhere around the 5:30 am hour so my wife will wake me up at like 4:45 for some loving to help get our mornig started.  Now thats better than a Folger's commercial.  "the best part of waking up, is making love and a nut!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My ex and I did the cycle thing and it was fun in the beginning and turned into a nightmare of a job. Nothing like having your wife show up at work telling you that you need to take a break and either hit the bathroom with her or run out to the car for a few minutes. Anyways, thank God it never happened. She was nuttier than a turd in a peanut factory.

My current wife and I tried the same thing for a year, then fertility treatments for two. She was taking multiple pills and I was giving her several shots each week. You would have never convinced me that I would fake sleeping to keep from having sex, but after a while it just seems pointless. Turned out she had some scar tissue on her cervix and it was almost completely closed. She was manually dilated multiple times and it did not help.

We ended up adopting on Dec 12 and honestly are both still to exhausted to do anything but sleep when we are not tending to the baby. I know it will get back to normal at some point but it's not high on the priority list at this point.
    Proud 40 year old, first time daddy!
  • Getting up at 4:45 for lovin sounds like you both are on the same page! That's fantastic!
    I'm pleased to report I got some this morning in an attempt to start up the labor! No luck today so far. Wife is 37 weeks tomorrow.
  • Getting up at 4:45 for lovin sounds like you both are on the same page! That's fantastic! I'm pleased to report I got some this morning in an attempt to start up the labor! No luck today so far. Wife is 37 weeks tomorrow.
    Wow, way to put the doubters in their place. I guess this poll can be closed now. I wonder who the lucky 4 are who got it correct.
  • Getting up at 4:45 for lovin sounds like you both are on the same page! That's fantastic!
    I'm pleased to report I got some this morning in an attempt to start up the labor! No luck today so far. Wife is 37 weeks tomorrow.

37 weeks is not full term. Of course sex isn't going to do anything if the baby isn't already ready but it's a little soon to be pulling out the home remedies @g0nnabeadad‌

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • They do consider 37 weeks full term for twins.
    My wife ended up getting induced (60 hours) and then finally a c section at 39.1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"