February 2014 Moms
Options

Norah Jewel is here! (C12H22O11)

I realize I'm more of a lurker, but I thought I'd share that Norah Jewel made her appearance this morning (2/26) at 5:53AM weighing in at 8lbs 15ozs and measuring 20.5" long. Mom, dad and big brother are smitten!

Long version: I had just taken a shower yesterday after dinner and sat down on the couch to read DS a story when I felt a little trickle. Stood up and realized pretty quickly that my water had broken (I'd been having zero contrax; same thing happened with DS). I was 3cm and GBS+, so OB wanted me to get to the hospital pretty quickly. We gathered up our stuff, dropped DS off at a friends, and headed in.

Was admitted around 9PM at 4cm, and didn't progress at all by my next check at 12AM. OB wanted to start Pitocin, which I figured was coming. Having been through unmediated Pitocin contrax with DS, I said ok to Pit under the condition I get an epidural first. :)

Got my epi - this one was so much better than the one with DS. With DS, I was hopelessly and utterly numb from the boobs down. This time, not so numb and only from about the belly button down, which made pushing so much easier when the time came. I also made them turn down my epi when I was about a 9 as well.

Was checked at about 3AM and was almost at 6cm. DH and I tried to get a little sleep, which was easier said than done. Next check was at 5AM and I was at a 9. On call OB called my OB and had him hoof it in to the hospital.

After OB arrived, nurse had me do a test push and basically told me to stop until they broke down the bed and OB was ready. 2 more contrax and 5 more pushes and Norah arrived screaming! I needed one little stitch and then Norah nursed and we did skin to skin for a couple hours.

We're all trying to get a little rest...Norah is as pooped as I am!

Best of luck to the remaining members of the SFPC! Hopefully you'll all have outside babies soon!

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

Re: Norah Jewel is here! (C12H22O11)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"